1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Looking to order these but on the site it has an option for 1157 fronts and rears or 1157 fronts and 1156 rears ... What is in my damn bike? lol Im at work and cant go out and look... Also is anybody running these and what do you think of them?

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/custom-dynamics-bullet-ringz-led-turn-signal-kit-for-harley-2011-2017
You're going to need the 1157 front and rear. 1156 is single element. Meaning it's a turn signal. Or it's a brake light. But can it function as both

*the 1156 bulb is simply for a single action, which means it is used for a turn signal or an on/off light whereas the 1157 is a dual action bulb and can be used for two functions including brake lights as well as front signal indicators.*

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Yup. What he said. 1156 would be for those that have a center brake light.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Looking to order these but on the site it has an option for 1157 fronts and rears or 1157 fronts and 1156 rears ... What is in my damn bike? lol Im at work and cant go out and look... Also is anybody running these and what do you think of them?

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/custom-dynamics-bullet-ringz-led-turn-signal-kit-for-harley-2011-2017
I don't have the bullet ringz, but I have the CD replacements. 1,000 times brighter than incandescent. IIRC, the ringz are brighter than the incandescents as well, but not as bright as the full LED replacement "bulb". I have never been dissatisfied with a CD product.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I believe the tail/brake light is a 3057 or 3157 yeah? Or is the RGS different that RGU?

This:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I believe the tail/brake light is a 3057 or 3157 yeah? Or is the RGS different that RGU?

This:
RGU and RGS are different. The RGS does not have a center taillight. Just the 2 small bullets.

·
Registered
587 Posts
i have the front and back set up with center tail light , and a triple play so
the rear flasher is also a run brake set up 4 flashes to pair up to
my bright ass brake tail light ..

All i can say is fantastic set up !!!!!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have the Bullet Ringz, they look great and are much brighter than OEM...and what everybody above said regarding 1156 and 1157 bulbs.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
The front & back CD lights were one of the first mods I did on my 2015 RGS.

They are fantastic and for the price, a great deal for what you get.

Brighter then hell and way better then the stockers.

Swomack

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just did my 2017 FLTRU last night
1157 front and taillight rear.. the FLTRU only has a taillight.. blinkers are in the tourpack
Looks great! Was on the fence but was in Lake George and saw a bunch of bikes with them and was sold

·
Registered
519 Posts
LED indicator bulbs should come from the factory to begin with.
I reckon the folks at CD are happy about the fact that they don't, and they sell a damn good product to fix this.
1157/1156s are antiques and will fail without notice. Replace them!

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
As others have said, you can't go wrong swapping out to the Custom Dynamic light kits. I was originally just going to do my rear, but got a package deal for front and back so I went that route.

Extremely glad that I did. Excellent improvement on several fronts. Appearance (I went with the smoked lenses), visibility, longevity and they just flat out look cool when they are on. My first OEM 1157 rear signal bulb burned out in less than 2 years :(

The only thing with the CD setup is that installation into the OEM bullet enclosures is kind of wonky. There isn't any real "fastening" of the LED ring board into the enclosure. You just got to kind of get it in there as straight as you can and get the lenses snapped back on to hold it in place. My only real gripe. Considering the price you'd think they would come up with a better design for securing the LED board into the enclosure.

·
Registered
60 Posts
RGU and RGS are different. The RGS does not have a center taillight. Just the 2 small bullets.

Ooooohhhh yeah. Wth was I thinking. Lol

Reactions: RFG7680

·
Registered
52 Posts
Question about the rings

I was wondering if anyone can describe how bright the white outer ring on the front signal is?

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
I was wondering if anyone can describe how bright the white outer ring on the front signal is?

BRIGHT!!!

Seriously, go to the CD websight or youtube-both have videos.

Well worth the money. Probably the single most quickest safety mod you can do, front and rear. I have clear lenses.

Spend the extra $ and get the magic strobe.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I have the smoke lenses and they are still bright. Don't hesitate...just buy them. :grin:

Reactions: madmat

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have them on the front,they also make the saddlebag lights like harley sell for 229.00 a set for 199.95 a set.i ordered a set today will reply when i install them

1 - 20 of 23 Posts