Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those interested, a rep from Custom Dynamics was telling me that an updated ProBeam version of their Tri-bar light (the one that goes in the bottom of the rear fender) is due in mid to late March. Figured you guys might be interested in knowing.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I was just getting ready to order one to go with the other parts I just ordered, now I'll wait
I was gonna do the same till I found out. I'll be getting one as soon as it's available.

Reactions: kitchen guy

·
Registered
467 Posts
Cool, I love CD's stuff but the tribar I installed didn't impress me much. It's better than the stock light but the LEDs are too far inside the housing and it's only bright at certain angles. My CD taillights look brighter when you're right behind me. I wanted it all to match. That was the whole point of changing it. Hopefully that's corrected with the new design.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Cool, I love CD's stuff but the tribar I installed didn't impress me much. It's better than the stock light but the LEDs are too far inside the housing and it's only bright at certain angles. My CD taillights look brighter when your right behind me. I wanted it all to match. That was the whole point of changing it. Hopefully that's corrected with the new design.

I have the tribar and have the same complaint about it only being bright at certain angles.

I had emailed CD last year and asked why the new pro beams wouldn’t work if you have the tribal installed.... the answer I was given was because the PB leds need a 12 volt feed all the time and having the tribar installed with the flasher module doesn’t provide that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
467 Posts
I have the tribar and have the same complaint about it only being bright at certain angles.

I had emailed CD last year and asked why the new pro beams wouldn’t work if you have the tribal installed.... the answer I was given was because the PB leds need a 12 volt feed all the time and having the tribar installed with the flasher module doesn’t provide that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That issue only applies to 2013 and older bikes. 2014 has a different tribar number with the same LED array.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
I put a Tri-bar fascia on my old 2009 bike, and did a custom wiring job to get it working. The stock HD LED's in there were basically useless. You could not see them unless you were laying on the ground (I had Run/Brake lights).

I replaced it with the CD unit and a flasher. Then, everyone could see them just fine.

I was washing the bike after my Alaska trip, and noticed that some of the Tri-Bar LED's were not lit. So, at 10:00 pm, I take a picture of it, go to the CD web site, hit their support request link and post the picture, along with all the information they requested. Mind you, this was 10:00 pm CDT.

At 7:00 am the next morning, I go downstairs to work (I work from home), open my home email account and there is a message from CD Support indicating that my replacement Tri-Bar light was on order, should be there in two days!

I do not have the 2009 any longer, traded for a 2018 FLTRU (after 150,000 miles). It does not have a Tri-Bar, but a cheapo pieced of chromed plastic on the fender tip (which I replaced with a CD Light, easy bolt on). If it had a Tri-Bar, and CD came out with ProBEAM replacement, I would highly recommend getting it (I would replace mine if I had it). I have their ProBEAM Fillerz and Taillight and they certainly get your attention. I just ordered their new ProBEAM front turn signals, in Amber.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, I just started looking into this today and ran across your post. Hope the new tri-bar is worth the wait!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Cool, I love CD's stuff but the tribar I installed didn't impress me much. It's better than the stock light but the LEDs are too far inside the housing and it's only bright at certain angles. My CD taillights look brighter when you're right behind me. I wanted it all to match. That was the whole point of changing it. Hopefully that's corrected with the new design.

I have a 2015 Special and upgraded to this same tri-bar and I hate it. Have people always trying to tell me that it is half burnt out. Can only see all the LED's is directly behind and its not anywhere near as bright as the CD tails. Emailed CD and they told me its normal and they would do nothing about it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Spoke to my rep again yesterday, says they're still shooting for "mid-February". They had some r&d hiccups with the first go round. New ones will have reflective backing inside the unit itself to increase visibility. It's the last thing I'm doing for a while in regards to lighting, so I check up on it pretty much every day. I'll let you guys know when I see something.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Spoke to my rep again yesterday, says they're still shooting for "mid-February". They had some r&d hiccups with the first go round. New ones will have reflective backing inside the unit itself to increase visibility. It's the last thing I'm doing for a while in regards to lighting, so I check up on it pretty much every day. I'll let you guys know when I see something.
If the new probeam tribar looks anything like the larger center probeam tailights for ultras with those stupid round tubes, I will be glad i ordered the old version.

I did notice the original CD tribar was "out of stock" at quite a few retailers, so I ordered mine direct from CD. Now my hunch that a "new" style of tribar was coming out seems to be confirmed lol

It would be interesting to see something new, maybe a plasma style, or maybe a dual color function somehow.

Oh and the people who commented how useless the rear factory tribar is, when i bought my first bagger, I never even realized it lit up till i seen the back of the bike at Night :surprise: :laugh: :grin:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I called CD 2 days ago and the "Probeam" version of the tribar is still slated to arrive mid to late March.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I called CD 2 days ago and the "Probeam" version of the tribar is still slated to arrive mid to late March.
Nice. I check my distributor's website for the part number almost every day lol. It's literally the last piece of LED lighting I need for the look I wanna get.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I have the H-D run/brake down low with the 3rd light. At the time I bought it was $100 and it’s plug and play. I use it with the CD LEDs and Plasma Rods in the back. I use the magic strobe and the lower light runs the same pattern as the other tailamps. It’s not as bright as the LEDs but is works.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nice. I check my distributor's website for the part number almost every day lol. It's literally the last piece of LED lighting I need for the look I wanna get.
Parts Unlimited does not show a part number just yet, so if you are not first, I will be....>:)

1 - 20 of 70 Posts