Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen these cool turn signals for the Road Glide windshield trim. I think they are an Awesome idea. Can not give a review due to the fact I just spent 4K more on my scoot so this will need to wait for a little bit. But I did want to share.
Custom Dynamics New Motorcycle Lighting Products

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
I likw them, I like all their products, I don't like the price, especially compared to the set of 4 Bullet Ringz with run/brake/turn controller for
not much more.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
they look cool, but I wonder if they will work with the madstad?

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
I wonder the same about the Madstad Ass well. I really like them but the price is not very likable.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I wonder the same about the Madstad Ass well. I really like them but the price is not very likable.
They are pricy but if you look at HD's windshield trim they offer it's around $125.00 without light's.
I think the RG's should of came with them from the factory.

That's a fairly ugly spot on the fairing on how the windshield attaches with the screws and washers.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Second wind I completely agree with ya. I bought the chrome trim which I'm selling and haven't tried it with my Madstad which is still in the box while I wait for all my other goodies to come. I'll probably wind up selling my Street Cannons as well that I just put on and haven't ridden either because I just heard the D&D and they sound beautiful ! So many changes and I only have 400 miles on the bike !!!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Second wind I completely agree with ya. I bought the chrome trim which I'm selling and haven't tried it with my Madstad which is still in the box while I wait for all my other goodies to come. I'll probably wind up selling my Street Cannons as well that I just put on and haven't ridden either because I just heard the D&D and they sound beautiful ! So many changes and I only have 400 miles on the bike !!!!
When I bought mine I was only going to do handle bars, exhaust, hi flow cleaner and tuner., that didn't go to well.
2 years later and still making it my own.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Feel your pain as well. I took off the bars last night and figured I can wire them and call that done......nah waiting for the heated grips to come in ! Can't start and can't finish, so I start on something else.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just purchased the CD windshield trim. I should be receiving them this weekend I will let you all know. So far CD customer service is amazing and their products are top notch

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Have a buddy that just put the windshield trim turn signals on before we rode to San Diego. Looks awesome. He also has dynamic ringz, so lots of light up front.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I don't think there is a problem using them with a MadStad. I have a 11" MadStad & HD trim. Plenty of clearance & can see the trim even at the lowest setting. I bought the HD trim to provide better support for the MadStad.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Live to see some pics fellas of the cd trim when ya get it installed. Which one did you guys get chrome or black ? I think black would look pretty nice blending in with the black Madstad in my bike.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Just got these today. Love them. Well worth the 199.00. And if y'all need to feel better. Here's my lighting costs so far.

CD Dynamic rings - $89.99
CD Rear LED RBT- $89.99
CD Tri bar LED brake light -$115.99
CD RG windshield trim lights $199.99
Ciro bag blades - $239.99
Ciro bag extensions (painted black quartz) $599.00

$1334.95

Safety Priceless.

We know going into this. It's not a cheap sport. Lol. I haven't had the bike a year. I usually add shit over the life of the bike. I'm doing as much up front as I can. So I'm done and can just enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
CD has some great products but I just don't get the price..
I bout a pair of LED strips in a very nice "waterproof sheathing" that are similar (running white and amber turn - with Scotch 3M tape) as I was going to try to duplicate at they would've fit nicely on the trim.. but they are a little thick..
But point is, I bout them for $10.00 for the pair on eBay...and I see Kuryakyn has an almost OEM looking trim (RGU) for 75.00
I cant see how Custom Dynamics come up with they come up with those prices. think they just take advantage that we (well most) as HD owners are used to having to pay more jst cause the Bike was more.. good grief....

similarly.. i was looking to get some fog/running lights.. HD over 400.00 -eBay : 29.00 with halo (i have blue but they come in a few colors) and everyone loves them cause they are very bright even in daytime.. just don't see the freaking difference in price!!.

Just saying....

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
RFG, That looks good, does the windshield trim plug and play.?
I' thinking about their turn signals too,
Yes. Simple.plug and play.

CD has some great products but I just don't get the price..
I bout a pair of LED strips in a very nice "waterproof sheathing" that are similar (running white and amber turn - with Scotch 3M tape) as I was going to try to duplicate at they would've fit nicely on the trim.. but they are a little thick..
But point is, I bout them for $10.00 for the pair on eBay...and I see Kuryakyn has an almost OEM looking trim (RGU) for 75.00
I cant see how Custom Dynamics come up with they come up with those prices. think they just take advantage that we (well most) as HD owners are used to having to pay more jst cause the Bike was more.. good grief....

similarly.. i was looking to get some fog/running lights.. HD over 400.00 -eBay : 29.00 with halo (i have blue but they come in a few colors) and everyone loves them cause they are very bright even in daytime.. just don't see the freaking difference in price!!.

Just saying....
Like most things you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Looks extremely sharp !!!! The saddlebag top lights not the Ciro ines are those the Harley ines or the Custom Dynamics ? Also the tri at light by Custom Dynamics is it worth it to match since you have all the other CD lights back there or the stock one would've been fine as well ? What difference is there on the CD tribal light do vs the stock one......other than the obvious led and possibly brighter does it have more functions ? Oh the windshield trim do you think black may have looked better now that you have them in hand and installed ? Trying to get a feel for which one I like to blend into the Madstad shield.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Looks extremely sharp !!!! The saddlebag top lights not the Ciro ines are those the Harley ines or the Custom Dynamics ? Also the tri at light by Custom Dynamics is it worth it to match since you have all the other CD lights back there or the stock one would've been fine as well ? What difference is there on the CD tribal light do vs the stock one......other than the obvious led and possibly brighter does it have more functions ? Oh the windshield trim do you think black may have looked better now that you have them in hand and installed ? Trying to get a feel for which one I like to blend into the Madstad shield.
All the lights attached to the bags are Ciro lights. Upper are bag blades. Lowers are the Ciro extensions.

Adding the CD Tri light adds a brake light. So imo it's worth it. The way the system works with the Magic Strobe the tri light is the only one left flashing when I have a turn signal on.

I bought chrome to see what I thought. I can spray them black if I don't like them. If I bought black I couldn't spray them chrome.

I'm trying a balance of black and chrome on this one. So I needed something chrome up there. So far I'm very happy with the chrome. If not I'll plasti-dip them black.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Here's how the back looks with the lights off. Super clean.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Smoke338
1 - 20 of 44 Posts