Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok before i get a bunch of useless posts. I am pretty sure i am going to order a corbin seat as i can fully customize all panels and materials...Mustang and lepara don't offer as much customization.
Anyone else have a custom seat, post em up? looking for an upgraded dual seat.

anyone dealt with white...i am toying with the idea of a white seat panels with blue stitching, and black leather side panels...Not sure how clean the white (vinyl) will stay though...Otherwise i might go with the gray ostrich leather seat panels. bike is stored in my shed so out of the elements.

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
I just danced with Corbin less than a month ago and would go out of my way to spend money with another brand - Yes, I love that you can customize the seat as I did the same for my little bike but dealign with Corbin was the worst experience I have had in a LOOOOOOOONG time - Below is my thread - Enjoy the read......bottom line, they were assholes.......but the product fit and finish is fantastic......just hope you never need to work with them on anything

https://www.roadglide.org/8-general-off-topic-discussions/364381-need-yalls-input-advice-long-post.html

·
Registered
627 Posts
Ok before i get a bunch of useless posts. I am pretty sure i am going to order a corbin seat as i can fully customize all panels and materials...Mustang and lepara don't offer as much customization.
Anyone else have a custom seat, post em up? looking for an upgraded dual seat.

anyone dealt with white...i am toying with the idea of a white seat panels with blue stitching, and black leather side panels...Not sure how clean the white (vinyl) will stay though...Otherwise i might go with the gray ostrich leather seat panels. bike is stored in my shed so out of the elements.
I've had two Corbin seats both custom built and they have been the best seats I have ever purchased. One thing to keep in mind that should you go this route, it will take a good 600-700 miles to get it properly broken in so be patient with it...once broken in, you'll be able to spend loooooooong days in the saddle without any issue.

Not sure how helpful this was but that's my two cents...lol

Lindsey :0)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just danced with Corbin less than a month ago and would go out of my way to spend money with another brand - Yes, I love that you can customize the seat as I did the same for my little bike but dealign with Corbin was the worst experience I have had in a LOOOOOOOONG time - Below is my thread - Enjoy the read......bottom line, they were assholes.......but the product fit and finish is fantastic......just hope you never need to work with them on anything

https://www.roadglide.org/8-general-off-topic-discussions/364381-need-yalls-input-advice-long-post.html
Good to know...i am always lerious about dropping big $$ without testing in person...Comfort? ANYONE have opinions on the comfort both rider and passenger? Better than the stock?

·
Registered
627 Posts

I too will attest that their customer service is pretty horrendous, I had a pretty bad buying experience myself but the products truly are the cats meow...I still think you will be happy with the product should you go this route but definitely be aware that there will likely be some hoops to jump through when dealing with Corbin as a company.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
I bought the Corbin Classic solo for my 2010 and I loved it so much that I kept it for my 2012 Skunk. I put over 150k miles on it between the 2 bikes and loved every mile of it. I also never felt like there was any break-in period as it felt awesome from day 1. I only had to deal with their customer service 1 time and they were good to me but I also live close enough to the Ormond Beach location that I can just go there in person rather than dealing with someone on the phone. I'm sure this makes a difference. If you plan to come down to Biketoberfest they will put one on your bike and let you go take it for a ride to see if you like it. It is a firmer seat than most but for me and many others that is the ticket. Nice even support all around with NO hot spots. Currently thinking of getting one for my 2018 Fat Bob but waiting to see what else ends up coming out for it before I decide.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I got a saddlemen step up and just rode from Tennessee to San Francisco. I left Saturday morning and arrived Sunday night, minimal butt soreness. I like what Corbin did with matt laidlaw's (YouTube) bike but when I sat on one they pushed me too far up. Saddlemen in my opinion look better. The road sofa might of been more comfortable but to me the step up looks better. You can do custom on saddlemen too

·
Registered
42 Posts
I’ve always rode solo with my Corbin. Absolutely Love it. Well worth the expense & any hassle others have experienced/shared.

Notsure of that white color combo
Just Do it. My .05 worth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
I like what Corbin did with matt laidlaw's (YouTube) bike but when I sat on one they pushed me too far up.
You must have been on a Corbin seat that was made for shorter people and sits them further up because the stock Corbin seat for touring bikes actually sits you back further from stock. One of the big reasons I went with them.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The best custom made seats, used my stock seat but completely customized to your inseam and ass. Moved me back 2.5 inches as I’m 6’3. Best if you can go there in person so they can have you sit on the bike and measure and mark where you should sit but they have online measurements you send them.

http://www.richscustomseats.com

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,816 Posts
Stay away from 'WHITE' on a seat. It's okay to use as a trim but trust me you'll be dissappointed by the long term performance of the color. It will show any all wear much more dramatically than any other color. They're great for show bikes but not for an everyday ride.

Calgaryglide

Reactions: Sweetdeal

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I have a Corbin rider seat , passenger seat, tour pak backrest and quick release backrest pad. I love my Corbin. I was disappointed to hear of Eddie's troubles but I had no problems. Because of some mods on my bike I did have installation issues with on the rider seat. I called them up and explained my situation to them and they offered to alter the seat for me at no charge or told me how to do it myself if I wanted to. I followed their instructions and did it myself and it worked perfectly.

Reactions: RGKen

·
Registered
326 Posts
Corbin seat

here is one I ordered a week ago for my Orange Lava,Dark Alloy CVO

Attachments

Reactions: GQ Knuckle Draggerz
1 - 15 of 15 Posts