Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Road Glide
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was on just a trip through Virginia and West Virginia. While stopping to get gas in Sperryville, there was a craft fair across the street. The old lady, being crafty, convinced me to stop. Anyway, one of the first vendors there had some cool things he was making out of silver coins (yes this is legal). He knew I rode up and showed us his custom guardian bells. I thought they were great and a better gift from a ride for my buddies than yet another HD tee shirt from a place they didn't go. So I bought the 2 pictured below.

Just thought it was a cool thing that others might want to check out. Didn't want to make this an advertisement, but will send PM to anyone who wants to know how to get one or post if rules allow. They were only $40 each, which I thought was a deal. I also bought the stands for $10 as I didn't want to assume they would risk loosing them or replacing what they already have.

What do you think?
Have you seen this before?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
So I was on just a trip through Virginia and West Virginia. While stopping to get gas in Sperryville, there was a craft fair across the street. The old lady, being crafty, convinced me to stop. Anyway, one of the first vendors there had some cool things he was making out of silver coins (yes this is legal). He knew I rode up and showed us his custom guardian bells. I thought they were great and a better gift from a ride for my buddies than yet another HD tee shirt from a place they didn't go. So I bought the 2 pictured below.

Just thought it was a cool thing that others might want to check out. Didn't want to make this an advertisement, but will send PM to anyone who wants to know how to get one or post if rules allow. They were only $40 each, which I thought was a deal. I also bought the stands for $10 as I didn't want to assume they would risk loosing them or replacing what they already have.

What do you think?
First of all, 1966? You are a youngster! See: 1966 - Wikipedia . Secondly, they are unique. Please send me a PM of where I might purchase one.

·
Super Moderator
9,762 Posts
@rourketman Great find Brother!
Send me the information also would love to get one.
Mike U.

·
Super Moderator
9,762 Posts
@rourketman Thanks for the information Bro!
I placed an order and it will be shipping out in the morning even before payment has been made.
I am going to list the owners information here as he is a Vietnam Veteran and I would proudly spread the word for him.
Email: [email protected].
He will get back to you on how to order and pay.
Best of Luck to All.
Mike U.

·
Registered
2020 Road Glide
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@rourketman Thanks for the information Bro!
I placed an order and it will be shipping out in the morning even before payment has been made.
I am going to list the owners information here as he is a Vietnam Veteran and I would proudly spread the word for him.
Email: [email protected].
He will get back to you on how to order and pay.
Best of Luck to All.
Mike U.
Mike, Thanks was just getting back to this to start another round of PMs. Yes, I tried to explain Venmo to Tony, but he said to just send him a check. Thanks Again, Terry

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Frinken cool...Good find

Reactions: Mike U

·
Super Moderator
9,762 Posts
Mike, Thanks was just getting back to this to start another round of PMs. Yes, I tried to explain Venmo to Tony, but he said to just send him a check. Thanks Again, Terry
You’re very welcome Terry.
Being a Veteran it is My Pleasure assisting another Veteran, especially a Vietnam Veteran, with his venture.
Tony is truly a gentleman and very easy to deal with.
Mike U.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
10,012 Posts
What process does he use to get these to this shape? I assume it must involve a significant hydraulic press and a shaping die?
First of all, 1966? You are a youngster! See: 1966 - Wikipedia . Secondly, they are unique. Please send me a PM of where I might purchase one.
I had the same thought. I think they're cool but doubt he has any Roman coins hanging around to to do MY birth year with.

• Haha
Reactions: Oclaf

·
Registered
2020 Road Glide
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He
What process does he use to get these to this shape? I assume it must involve a significant hydraulic press and a shaping die?

He did say he uses a press but I can also see a weld of some sort for eyelet.

I know it’s a joke, but honestly I bet if you sent him any coin he would not only make it a bell, but reduce the price.

·
Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
2,472 Posts
I like it. I have a few of our $2 coins here that have been belted in similar shape, though not legal, I like knowing that the Queen gets nailed every now and then.

·
Registered
71 Posts

What do you think?
These are way cool. Could you please send me info on where to buy them? They would make great presents.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts