Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know of any places where I can get a custom sissy bar, minus facebook garbage I refuse to do anything on facebook , but a website , also the brackets are the same for our bikes as for the street glides right?

anyone with pics of there sissy bars? Im not too worried about a backrest , thats an added plus to be able to add a pad , but not really the reason i want one

·
Registered
107 Posts
Have you tried ebay? I saw some one there a while back that were pretty bad ass...

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
does anyone know of any places where I can get a custom sissy bar, minus facebook garbage I refuse to do anything on facebook , but a website , also the brackets are the same for our bikes as for the street glides right?

anyone with pics of there sissy bars? Im not too worried about a backrest , thats an added plus to be able to add a pad , but not really the reason i want one
I got mine form The Forge LLC See my post here for pictures. Very happy with Joe's work and the quality and craftsmanship is top notch, as is the powder coating. Dealing with the purchase was another aspect that I really liked as he doesn't collect the entire purchase cost up front, sends pictures for approval for custom work, and responds to emails and phone calls quickly. My only regret is that it won't be on the bike for Shark Week as the Tour-Pak will have to replace it on the quick release system.

Reactions: Nordic Berserker

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I got mine form the Forge, LLC - The Forge LLC See my post here for pictures.
Very nice bro, looks great. I have yet to see another bike like yours with that paint in person.

Here's mine. I had to modify it a little, a little cutting, heating up & changing the angle a bit etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Very nice bro, looks great. I have yet to see another bike like yours with that paint in person.

Here's mine. I had to modify it a little, a little cutting, heating up & changing the angle a bit etc.
I have you and your beautiful scoot to blame for my getting a sissy bar. I saw yours and looked closely at Bill's Bike Barn last fall and couldn't get a sissy bar out of my mind until I had one on mine.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kames Wichita ain't but a skip away from Tulsa,? Maybe a ride up there would be fun

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll be checking out the forge, what all do I need , I'm sure I need brackets , do I need to buy them separate (duh) or can I buy it as a one piece unit

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Bowman Welding on ebay. Not a quick detach. Excellent quality, great powder coat. Fit was zero problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I'll be checking out the forge, what all do I need , I'm sure I need brackets , do I need to buy them separate (duh) or can I buy it as a one piece unit
Nothing, 1-piece unit. I chose their quick release option that works perfectly with my quick release mounts and rear shock mounts. They will install the brackets you need depending upon what you order.

·
Registered
26 Posts

I know this is an older thread but how did you heat up the bar to change the angle? Did you mess up the powdercoat? I like how yours is kicked back. Mine is just a bit too straight up for my taste but the quality is great. I did have a little trouble getting the latches to lock on the docking hardware though. Ended up beating them down with a dead blow and a wooden dowel.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I know this is an older thread but how did you heat up the bar to change the angle? Did you mess up the powdercoat? I like how yours is kicked back. Mine is just a bit too straight up for my taste but the quality is great. I did have a little trouble getting the latches to lock on the docking hardware though. Ended up beating them down with a dead blow and a wooden dowel.
Used a gas torch, got it nice n hot. Powder coat is cheap & I was gonna have it done again anyways as I also cut off the pillow mount in center for a clean old school look. I have a HD backrest & pad when I have a passenger so I didn’t care about that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts