Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to post a picture of my newest project, they are turning out pretty sweet

Can't wait to finish them and show em off

Not trying to reinvent the wheel or anything like that, just don't like how small and flimsy the factory floorboards feel under my feet.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I am making them out of 1/4" steel (powder coated black) with 1/8" aluminum on top of them, going to have them bolted down with countersunk allen head bolts

I think I am going to have them mounted at a slightly different angle then stock floorboards as well (the rear a little lower than the front) trying different mounting positions currently

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Very cool! You got good skills there!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for all the positive post so far, soon as I get my personal set done, I will have everything needed to make more, don't worry

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Kick-Ass!! Those are really nice and different. Custom is always nice when its custom done by you not some bolt on "custom" piece that is mass produced.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Looks kick ass! Im with GLYDDN11, custom things like this that a guy builds on his own is so much cooler then mass produced dime a dozen items that everyone else has.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Looks kool....resembles sutter ink logo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
952 Posts
I'd definetly be interested in a set also.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Finishing up my prototype for my personal model tonight, almost done and super excited! ! !
I will post finished pics (minus powder coat) tonight! ! !

I love em!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Here are two updated pictures of my project

Very pleased with the results, need some longer bolts and some paint now

May have the black wrinkle instead of gloss for powder coat on the bottom piece, think it may give it a little more effect

Real time consuming to make these but obviously making more will go a bit faster now that all the trial and error is over

Forgot to mention, I think the empty space between the eyes on the skull will be filled in and another bolt put there instead both for looks and grip
And there will be three different styles of aluminum top cover for these, one with a bar and shield design on it in the center that I will be unable to sell or else the moco will have my ass but I can and will use them

Attachments

1 - 20 of 50 Posts