Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got good deal on a complete, with lights and license plate bracket, rear fender from a 2013 Road Glide Custom.

I want to swap this one with the stock render on my 2011 Road Glide Ultra.

Is this a straight swap or will modification be required?

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
Should be straight across swap. I replaced my RGU rear fender with an FLHX fender with no issues.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Need some assistance. Was talking with the guys at Custom Dynamics and they say it's not a straight swap.

Their exact words were, "If you got the complete fender kit from Harley it should come with an adapter plug that goes from the 8 pin Amp plug that is on your bike to the 6 pin Molex plug that goes with the harness of the Road Glide custom fender."

Does this make sense? Are the rear lighting harnesses for the Ultra and Custom different? If so does anyone know the part number of the custom harness and maybe where I can buy one?

·
Registered
221 Posts
I went through this when I put a street glide rear fender on my road king. Different plugs. Both were 2010. When I checked into it I found that 2010 was a change in the plug the "X" models got the new style first. I ended up making an adapter to work. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
After more reading I am discovering I do need the 8 pin to 6 pin adapter.

Anyone know where I can get one of these? Does HD make one?

I read that baddad has the adapter but I can not find it on their website. http://www.baddad.com/

Plus I need 2013 RG Custom rear fender wiring harness. Anyone got the HD part number for this?

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts