Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of 944's for my 2013 Road Glide. Once I received them I installed and noticed one of the adjusters was very hard to adjust. I also could not get enough sag with the HD springs. Their site isn't really clear on which way to go. I called them and explained the issues I was having. I was told wait til end of season to send them in. They would take care of both issues. I called today I was told I would have to pay for parts and possibly labor. So by the time I send them and pay for shipping and repair they will cost me well over $100. Wish I would have bought something else. Live and learn.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got off phone with one of their reps, Jarod. Nice guy. Seems to want to help out. I am sending in today and will see how they do. I do like the shocks and hopefully they make it right.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Another reason I'm going with Ohlins......

I run JRI I do not feel that either are a bad way to go. Just adding another shock to the list.

I have had both and cannot say that one is any better than the other. But when you have 1000+ into shocks I would hope they work well :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
I run JRI I do not feel that either are a bad way to go. Just adding another shock to the list.

I have had both and cannot say that one is any better than the other. But when you have 1000+ into shocks I would hope they work well :rolleyes:
How long ago did you get your JRIs? Before they started using china parts this year? Had a nice chat with Howard yesterday about shocks. And the discounts he gives are also very nice :)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Got off phone with one of their reps, Jarod. Nice guy. Seems to want to help out. I am sending in today and will see how they do. I do like the shocks and hopefully they make it right.
Let us know how it plays out...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I received a call from Progressive all I can say is I am very happy with the way they handled my issues. They fixed everything I had issues with. I would definitely deal with them and recommend them to anyone.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I had same problem and after 2 months took them off and lost $200 selling them on Ebay. Was good ride with passanger on but solo was bouncy and when i'd call for support i got nothing. Would a probably loved them if I'd a known how to set them up properly.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
9,327 Posts
I had same problem and after 2 months took them off and lost $200 selling them on Ebay. Was good ride with passanger on but solo was bouncy and when i'd call for support i got nothing. Would a probably loved them if I'd a known how to set them up properly.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
What shocks you talking about ?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I had them switch to lighter springs last week. Took them in after 8 months use, I was just to light for std spring. Got lighter weight springs and new bushings at no charge. They discussed everything and were very knowledgeable. The new springs seem to ride a lot better and also still perform well. I have a long ride coming up which will really show me the feel of the suspension. Overall great customer service for me.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I was finally talked into getting my 444HD and I love them. I don't know why I didn't listen to my fellow shark buddy sooner. The only thing I found tricky no matter how much I watched videos and listened to the very friendly staff at Progressive I couldn't figure out the sag thing.....but once I got it it's 1 turn more 2 up, 1 1/2 turn loaded up and 2 up. Easy peezy ! I may just sell mine in the next couple of weeks to get a lower shock height but it will be a progressive shock without a doubt. Because of the handeling in the rear is what convinced me to go and get the monotubes and the touring link. Thank you Progressive......good stuff !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts