Road Glide banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I puchased a set of speakers from J&M on 1-22-13 and received them on 1-26-13. Was not really happy with the quality of the speakers I bought. I wanted to upgrade the ones I had just bought to another set of speakers 2 days after receiving the speakers. It is 15 degrees so the bike was not riden. Speakers were just installed, turned the radio on and didnt like the sound, than removed. I contacted J&M customer service. I inquired if I purchased the 7.25 speakers if I could get a refund on the 2 day old speakers I had purchased and use the refund towards the purchase of the upgraded speakers. After my third email I received a reply from John Lazzeroni. Here is what he replied
"
"I am not able to take in used speakers on trade ,,,, you would be much better off selling them on eBay etc ,,,,"

So much for customer service and standing by your product.
Since his reply I have sent numerous other emails with no response. I have seen on other harley forums where similar problems occurred where a customer did not like what they had just purchased and John Lazzeroni told them to return them for another item.
Very disappointed especially after seeing all the feedback that has been left on this forum. I have had other brands of upgraded speakers in the past but went on the forum members recommendations, should have bought the other brand I was used to buying. Now I know.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
I understand what you are saying but you should have done some research before purchasing the speakers. Which speakers did you get and are you running a Amp? The Rokker speakers are the higher end speakers and with the amp they sound great. You may just want to keep the speakers and get a amp that will help improve the sound quality.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like I said was not looking for a refund was looking for a credit to upgrade with his products. That answer he gave me was a direct cut and paste

·
Registered
729 Posts
Typical of them in my opinion, tried a few times at events to get some of there products installed and I was either rushed,not paid any attention too or told they were too busy(meanwhile there were no bikes getting installs) so I just learned from it and went elsewhere too many companies out there that go above and beyond to get your business.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Like I said was not looking for a refund was looking for a credit to upgrade with his products. That answer he gave me was a direct cut and paste
I understand your frustration - I would think that as long as the speakers themselves weren't damaged they should have taken them back and allowed you to upgrade. The only way you can tell if the speakers are the right ones is to install them and try them out, which is what you did - it's not like you did a full burn in on them.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My exact feelings that i expressed were that there $99 (entry level) speakers were no better than stock harley ones, i had other entry level speakers for the same price that looked and sounded so much better than these j&m speakers.

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
Are you guys having fun ? ,,,,,

JPROADGLIDE ,,,,,,

I saved our entire email thread, including each response from me to you and back ,,,,

you purchased our standard 5 1/4" $99 MSRP speakers, along with a set of foam pads ,,,,

you complained that the acoustic foam pads were die-cut in the middle ,,, I explained that was so it was easier to get the fairing back on, should you use speakers with big magnets etc ,,,, and that it would not affect the sound ,,,,

you told me that the J&M 5 1/4's sounded no better than stock, and I respectfully disagreed with you ,,,, and I still do ,,,,

when you ask to trade them in for our 7.25" speakers, I told you that I could not take them back because they were used ,,,,,,,

honestly ,,, I would never post any part of a private email from a customer on any forum, and this will be no exception, BUT it was your attitude from start to finish with this ordeal that caused me to not go out of my way to help you further ,,,,

your emails are kind of short, condescending and demanding ,,,, I will do just about ANYTHING for a J&M customer, but you just rubbed me wrong, especially when you wanted the full $99 credit for the speakers ,,, did you actually pay $99 for the speakers or did we offer you a 'J&M promo code ? ,,,,,,,,

USMCJAX ,,,,,,

I have been in this business for 35 years and I always go out of my way to take care of our customers ,,,, there are plenty of posts on this forum and others to show that ,,,,

'J&M products are not perfect ALL the time, but neither is any other brand, ,,, now if you wanted an excuse to purchase from Hawg Wired, then so be it ,,,,, they also offer a quality product ,,,,

METIME ,,,,,

Please let me know the events you saw us at where we were too busy to talk to you ,,,,, I know at Sturgis last year alone we worked on more than 112 Harleys in the 9 days we were set up ,,,,, our guys work very hard to try and help everyone ,,,,,

In Summary ,,,,, It is quite obvious that we have not been able to make everyone happy all the time ,,, but we WILL keep trying ,,,,,

·
Registered
323 Posts
JMjohn are ya`ll coming to Daytona? If so where are ya setting up?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
367 Posts
hey john, i sent my rokkers in for warranty work and you replaced them with the new xt series. when i opened the box i was super happy thanks so much. ill still keep telling people to use youre products. many thanks Bpt

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
Eddiezero ,,,,,

for Daytona Bike Week, we will be set up in our normal spot, on the south end of the vendor lot at Rossmeyer's Destination Daytona, just off the interstate in Ormond Beach ,,,,,

for an advanced appointment, send email to [email protected] ,,,,

15% off all J&M products, full sales and service at the big J&M audio trailer ,,,

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are you guys having fun ? ,,,,,

JPROADGLIDE ,,,,,,

I saved our entire email thread, including each response from me to you and back ,,,,

you purchased our standard 5 1/4" $99 MSRP speakers, along with a set of foam pads ,,,,

you complained that the acoustic foam pads were die-cut in the middle ,,, I explained that was so it was easier to get the fairing back on, should you use speakers with big magnets etc ,,,, and that it would not affect the sound ,,,,

you told me that the J&M 5 1/4's sounded no better than stock, and I respectfully disagreed with you ,,,, and I still do ,,,,

when you ask to trade them in for our 7.25" speakers, I told you that I could not take them back because they were used ,,,,,,,

honestly ,,, I would never post any part of a private email from a customer on any forum, and this will be no exception, BUT it was your attitude from start to finish with this ordeal that caused me to not go out of my way to help you further ,,,,

your emails are kind of short, condescending and demanding ,,,, I will do just about ANYTHING for a J&M customer, but you just rubbed me wrong, especially when you wanted the full $99 credit for the speakers ,,, did you actually pay $99 for the speakers or did we offer you a 'J&M promo code ? ,,,,,,,,

USMCJAX ,,,,,,

I have been in this business for 35 years and I always go out of my way to take care of our customers ,,,, there are plenty of posts on this forum and others to show that ,,,,

'J&M products are not perfect ALL the time, but neither is any other brand, ,,, now if you wanted an excuse to purchase from Hawg Wired, then so be it ,,,,, they also offer a quality product ,,,,

METIME ,,,,,

Please let me know the events you saw us at where we were too busy to talk to you ,,,,, I know at Sturgis last year alone we worked on more than 112 Harleys in the 9 days we were set up ,,,,, our guys work very hard to try and help everyone ,,,,,

In Summary ,,,,, It is quite obvious that we have not been able to make everyone happy all the time ,,, but we WILL keep trying ,,,,,
I normally would not respond to you in a public forum but since you have opted to I will. You have indicated you have saved all of our emails, well I too have saved them. I contacted your company a total of 10 emails dating from 1/29/13 up to 2/5/13. You responded to 4 of those emails and I might add have not responded since 2-1-13. I did question the "new" die cut foam accoustic pads as I had purchased them in the past and they were not cut. That was an inquiry not a complaint. I did tell you that I thought your 5 1/4 sounded no better than stock (MY OPINION) but of course you disagreed, which I knew you would. When I inquired about returning these for an upgrade. You say I demanded a full refund for the speakers. Well here is my email sent to you, (better go back and check it again)

"If I purchased the 7.25 speakers would you give me a full refund on the pair I now have ? "
Is that TOO demanding sorry if I asked a question.

To answer your question if I paid $99 for the speakers the answer is NO I PAID $99.99 and $44.99 for the accoustic pad, no promo codes were used. Check your order number 282913. TOTAL $144.98

If you want go to the HD forum and check my complaint on there as well where I quoted another member who had a similar incident and you immediately took his speakers back for an upgrade. Just thought I would get the same customer service, but I gues because I kept my emails short and didn't kiss your butt about how great your product was, only questioning a difference I noticed in a product I had purchased from you before (Yes I was a return customer check your records) you claim I rubbed you the wrong way probably because I mentioned that I have also purchased other companies speakers in the past and had a good experience with them. I was only going by all the feedback this forum had on the roadglide site about your product but I cannot agree with all the positives I have heard.

Thanks for all your HELP in this matter, I am glad I finally got you to answer my emails . Hopefully other members can see what type of business man you are striving to be in reading your answers to problems.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And to answer your first question "Are you guys having fun"

You got to be serious do you think I am doing this to have fun ? I am downright disappointed and pissed at myself for wasting $149, no I am not having fun hope your getting a good laugh

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
sorry for the long post, just thought it might help if i share my j&m experience. i put the $99 j&m 5.25s in my old street glide,and the speakers satisfied me for a few years. a bit louder and less distortion than stock. i bought j&m knowing nothing about them, even when everyone else upgraded to hog tunes.mainly because the speakers were only 100 bucks. when i got my road glide i knew i would eventually upgrade, and because i was satisfied with the j&ms before, i looked to them again for the road glide, but knew this time i wanted better. so i bought the rokker speakers and 250 amp. one day my amp fan seemed especially noisy so i returned it to j&m for repair. so while i was returning the amp, i inquired about wanting to get the lower speakers soon, and that i still wanted more sound. jon did not give me a full refund, but allowed me to upgrade to a 500 watt amp. i paid the difference and them some $$. then using points i had gained through my local hd dealer i ordered the lower speakers. while installing the new 500 watt amp, my bike fell off the stand and cracked my inner fairing and messed up a grill on my speaker. i bought a replacement grill from j&m. now im happy. except when mice chewed through my speaker wires this fall, so once again, i had to buy a new speaker grill. told my story to j&m and jon sent me a free speaker grill. now still wanting more sound, for christmas my gf bought me j&m subwoofers speakers. so i bought the in series wiring harness and new foam for the inner(mice chewed it up too).
so my point is, $99 speakers are gonna sound like $99 speakers. you have to start spending a little(or in my case, a lot) more to really get great sound- and j&m has always given me great customer service, of course i have spent a lot of money on their products, but i will continue to support them. im sorry you feel you were treated unfairly,but many places will not take things back that have been opened. if the speakers malfunctioned, or were damaged im sure jon and j&m would "make it right" with you. i think one thing you and jon can both agree on is that you wish this exchange between you two would have been handled differently.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
sorry for the long post, just thought it might help if i share my j&m experience. i put the $99 j&m 5.25s in my old street glide,and the speakers satisfied me for a few years. a bit louder and less distortion than stock. i bought j&m knowing nothing about them, even when everyone else upgraded to hog tunes.mainly because the speakers were only 100 bucks. when i got my road glide i knew i would eventually upgrade, and because i was satisfied with the j&ms before, i looked to them again for the road glide, but knew this time i wanted better. so i bought the rokker speakers and 250 amp. one day my amp fan seemed especially noisy so i returned it to j&m for repair. so while i was returning the amp, i inquired about wanting to get the lower speakers soon, and that i still wanted more sound. jon did not give me a full refund, but allowed me to upgrade to a 500 watt amp. i paid the difference and them some $$. then using points i had gained through my local hd dealer i ordered the lower speakers. while installing the new 500 watt amp, my bike fell off the stand and cracked my inner fairing and messed up a grill on my speaker. i bought a replacement grill from j&m. now im happy. except when mice chewed through my speaker wires this fall, so once again, i had to buy a new speaker grill. told my story to j&m and jon sent me a free speaker grill. now still wanting more sound, for christmas my gf bought me j&m subwoofers speakers. so i bought the in series wiring harness and new foam for the inner(mice chewed it up too).
so my point is, $99 speakers are gonna sound like $99 speakers. you have to start spending a little(or in my case, a lot) more to really get great sound- and j&m has always given me great customer service, of course i have spent a lot of money on their products, but i will continue to support them. im sorry you feel you were treated unfairly,but many places will not take things back that have been opened. if the speakers malfunctioned, or were damaged im sure jon and j&m would "make it right" with you. i think one thing you and jon can both agree on is that you wish this exchange between you two would have been handled differently.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Appreciate your input but check HD forums where a member there was not "SATISFIED " with what he had and wanted an upgrade. Just want to be treated like everyone else even if my emails are short and demanding and I rub the president the wrong way.Not answering emails is a good way to get things going in the right(wrong) direction

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
JPROADGLIDE ,,,,,,,

this is not a laughing matter at all ,,,,,,,

I answered every single email I received from you ,,,, not sure why you did not get them ,,,,, I respond to more than 200 direct emails each and every day,,,,

in the past 4 years we have extended an upgrade for our standard 7 1/4" speakers, for the ROKKER XT series ,,,,, as a normal practice ,,,,,,

the $99 5 1/4" stock type replacements just do not have enough profit in them to take them in on trade for 7 1/4" speakers ,,,, when they are used, I cannot sell them, I must discard them ,,,,,

now ,,,, does all that REALLY matter ?? ,,, NO ,,,,, if we had gotten along better by email, I probably would have done it anyway ,,,,,

if you want to start over with our correspondence to see if we can get something done ,,,, I am open to the idea ,,, [email protected] ,,,,,

·
Registered
729 Posts
Thanks METIME for that info. They're gonna fall on their own sword. I've seen it happen. I guarantee I can talk ATLEAST 50 people not to go J & M. That's just in a short time. This has been a costly mistake but I'm sure they don't care. OBVIOUSLY!!! They ain't the only circus in town!

Sent from my LGL45C using Motorcycle.com Free App
Your welcome USMCJAX, over the years of buying many parts I just learned to move on even when it cost me money.... it sucks but in the long run it works out. Another perfect example I recently had was with Sinister, I have been trying my hardest to buy a pair of there hot rod bars for road glides and every-time I call they say order them online and they will be in shortly so I did and its always tomorrow, tomorrow now theres a problem with the chromer..... Moran has my money so I guess its easy to keep stringing me along. Finally today with there shitty attitude I called AMEX they reversed the charge and IM DONE!!!!!!! I will go to another company even though they don't have the same bars and just move on. If I had the time I would get a pair have them copied and sell them on e bay for half the price:D

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
JPROADGLIDE ,,,,,,,

this is not a laughing matter at all ,,,,,,,

I answered every single email I received from you ,,,, not sure why you did not get them ,,,,, I respond to more than 200 direct emails each and every day,,,,

in the past 4 years we have extended an upgrade for our standard 7 1/4" speakers, for the ROKKER XT series ,,,,, as a normal practice ,,,,,,

the $99 5 1/4" stock type replacements just do not have enough profit in them to take them in on trade for 7 1/4" speakers ,,,, when they are used, I cannot sell them, I must discard them ,,,,,

now ,,,, does all that REALLY matter ?? ,,, NO ,,,,, if we had gotten along better by email, I probably would have done it anyway ,,,,,

if you want to start over with our correspondence to see if we can get something done ,,,, I am open to the idea ,,, [email protected] ,,,,,
Check your inbox from me and compare it to your outbox, mine shows 10 out to you 4 ins from you. Don't know what the problem is with your email service but you better have it checked. Don't know why we didnt get along in the emails I simply asked a question about an accoustic pad that I had previously purchased from your company that I noticed was different, and an inquiry if I could return my 2 day old 5 1/4 speaker to an upgraded version of your speakers with a credit to go towards the purchase of the new speakers, since I saw this was a common practice with your company. Don't know what another email will prove in my opinion you should make it right on the forum for all the public to see, since this has become a pretty active thread. Hope you checked my invoice to verify that I paid full price with no discounts, which I now see you are offering to members until Monday. Sorry there will be no further emails as I get frustrated when they go unanswered for 5 days especially in this iphone world we live in, you have my email I hope

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
USMCJAX ,,,,,,

I see you have decided to make this personal ,,,,

you just joined this forum in January 2013 ? ,,,,,, and you run now around this forum attacking every post you can find about J&M ? ,,,,,, have you ever purchased anything from J&M ?

please do come by for lunch at bike Week ,,,, least we can do is armwrestle or something ,,,,,,

you should be able to beat the old-fat-white-man ,,,,,,

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice of you to take time and answer another member on my thread and not answer me about my complaint. I guess I can chalk this one up to another UNANSWERED EMAIL. Keep skirting the main complaint

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.