Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished winter project
2013 CVO anniversary
117 kit ported & polished heads 585 SE cams true duels VH high out put exhaust screaming eagle tuner
best part had it on DYNO yesterday-HP 111 Torque 131
Cams sound really nice. Changed the sound totally from the 110

·
Administrator
12,485 Posts
Numbers are ok, but seems there should be more, what tuner are you using and what were the numbers before the tune? Did you let Harley do it to be safe and keep a warranty?

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
Numbers are ok, but seems there should be more, what tuner are you using and what were the numbers before the tune? Did you let Harley do it to be safe and keep a warranty?
Dunno David. Seems like a nice boost from the stock 110. I'm at 99 and 113 on my 15 with a Fullsac setup. My 11 with the D&D was 98 and 116.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Hp numbers seem down. You should at least be over the 117 mark. 1 hp per cubic inch is a given with a decent build. What thottle body did you use and which injectors? Filter?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tuner was the screaming eagle purchased with bike
numbers where good with the 110 95-hp 117-Tq
Could have leaned out the 117 a bit more for hp wanted to keep the integrity of the build

·
Registered
852 Posts
Do you have the chart?

That cam is the limiting factor on the HP #'s, but it should have incredible low end TQ and throttle response, but the TQ will start heading south about 4500 to 4800 RPM and nose dive about about 5300 to 5500 RPM.

It was one of the cams I researched and considered for my Trike build.

It should be a fun bike to ride, so many people chase "Peak" HP and TQ numbers, when on a heavy street bike your avaraged TQ number from 2000 rpm to 5000 rpm is a far more important number.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Everybody has their own objectives for the work they do on their own bikes. Those numbers are very good for that build with true duals.

You will definitely pick up a little if you went to a 2-1-2 head pipe.

You'd pick up even more with a 2-1, but a lot of folks really don't like the look, and I understand that. An older friend who doesn't ride was behind me in his car, and when we stopped he said it looked "weird" with only one muffler.

Don't bother me none! I can't see it! :grin:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Hi D_snake; I really like the 2013 CVO FLTRXSE2. I believe it was the first touring bike with the Daymakers installed. What color combo is yours? Atomic Orange/Galaxy Grey, Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald or (the 110th AE) Diamond Dust/Obsidian?

I know that the FLTRXSE2 had 122 ft.lbs. tourqe @ 3750 with the 110ci mill.
I don't want to be an ass but what type of CVO 117" kit is it? I know of the 117 " SE Street Performance kit, but it has the high-lift SE259-E cams. The same goes for the Pro kit (racing only...).

I have to add a photo of the FLTRXSE2 in all its glory! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
D Snake

Diamond Dust A/E # 791
The kit is SE 117 with SE 585 cams weather been good her in windsor put a few more miles on
Put mama on the back feels like she not even there.
took the box off figured was time to see what this baby could do busted the back end loose in all 5 gears wow had a smile on my face can't wait for some summer fun

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
Hi D_snake; I really like the 2013 CVO FLTRXSE2. I believe it was the first touring bike with the Daymakers installed. What color combo is yours? Atomic Orange/Galaxy Grey, Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald or (the 110th AE) Diamond Dust/Obsidian?

I know that the FLTRXSE2 had 122 ft.lbs. tourqe @ 3750 with the 110ci mill.
I don't want to be an ass but what type of CVO 117" kit is it? I know of the 117 " SE Street Performance kit, but it has the high-lift SE259-E cams. The same goes for the Pro kit (racing only...).

I have to add a photo of the FLTRXSE2 in all its glory! :)

Neither one of my FLTRUSE hit 122 with a stage one kit on it. Not sure where you got that number from. Both of mine were around 115 tq.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Neither one of my FLTRUSE hit 122 with a stage one kit on it. Not sure where you got that number from. Both of mine were around 115 tq.
122 TQ was the HD advertised TQ # in the 2013 HD FLTRX2 sales brochure. That # was figured at the crank, not the rear wheel and does not take into consideration the drivetrain loses.

My 2013 RGC CVO made 109 TQ bone stock and 119 TQ with a Jackpot 2-1-2 and Dyno tune

·
Registered
523 Posts
122 TQ was the HD advertised TQ # in the 2013 HD FLTRX2 sales brochure. That # was figured at the crank, not the rear wheel and does not take into consideration the drivetrain loses...
Generally speaking, all manufacturer's performance claims are at the crank, and should be reduced at least 10% to guesstimate rear wheel figures, more if it's shaft drive.

Reactions: sloride

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Seriously dude...well, I guess MoCo was full of BS but that's the number they gave at the time. I'm not in the habit of making things up and I usually try to fact check data. But in these days with all the fake media... :p

Reactions: Ohiobellboy

·
Registered
214 Posts
Nice build. Just from the basics you have given your numbers don't seem to bad. The SE585 is not going to be a big HP cam but it makes the kind of torque numbers you have and makes them right in the rpm range you ride. I would sure like to see the graph on it but betting it is an arm stretcher when you twist the wick. Enjoy the ride

·
Registered
20 Posts
117 kit ported & polished heads 585 SE cams true duels VH high out put exhaust screaming eagle tuner
best part had it on DYNO yesterday-HP 111 Torque 131
Wow, that's really low.

Would've expected more with the ported heads. Not a bad TQ # but no HP.
Would be interested to see the actual chart.
I'd also be on the phone with whoever ported those heads....

The stock 110 heads work well if you throw some compression at them.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Bigger Throttle Body and a big old fat 2:1 (a Ghost Pipe rids the imbalance look) system and you'll get the HP numbers where they should be - Trq is fine - Would love to see the Pull as #s are #s but the graph tells it all

Enjoy the new ride amigo

·
Registered
68 Posts
Do you have the chart?

That cam is the limiting factor on the HP #'s, but it should have incredible low end TQ and throttle response, but the TQ will start heading south about 4500 to 4800 RPM and nose dive about about 5300 to 5500 RPM.

It was one of the cams I researched and considered for my Trike build.

It should be a fun bike to ride, so many people chase "Peak" HP and TQ numbers, when on a heavy street bike your avaraged TQ number from 2000 rpm to 5000 rpm is a far more important number.
Agreed that you need to build the numbers base on the real riding conditions. Unless you race the bike and are running RPMs above the 5500 mark then low end torque is the real deal. The cams that offer high RPM torque are crappy and take a deep dive in the low to mid range numbers. You have to take a dive somewhere, rather have the umph in the 2200-4500 range.

Reactions: freedom1974
1 - 20 of 20 Posts