Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all. I do a lot of safety work with my bike. I'm installing flashing lights that have different patterns. My question is I'm using the lock switch like on a CVO for the luggage. It's location is on a 19 RGU right switch pod inboard position. Does anyone know where in the harness I can find the wire that would run to the tour pack and saddlebags? Would also need the color of this wire so I could pin my wire to hook into that.

I need a momentary power to change the modes of the flashing lights for different situations.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I believe the CVO has a different wiring harness than your special. The Rushmore bikes are not direct wired like your thinking, they use canbus to control everything. So it may be difficult or you may have to wire yourself.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
658 Posts
Good morning all. I do a lot of safety work with my bike. I'm installing flashing lights that have different patterns. My question is I'm using the lock switch like on a CVO for the luggage. It's location is on a 19 RGU right switch pod inboard position. Does anyone know where in the harness I can find the wire that would run to the tour pack and saddlebags? Would also need the color of this wire so I could pin my wire to hook into that.

I need a momentary power to change the modes of the flashing lights for different situations.

Thanks in advance.
I have a diagram at work for the lock and unlock buttons. I use them for up and down on air ride. I’ll get it for you tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Not EVERYTHING. The comm harness for example isn't.
Agree 100%.

Power locks don't run through the system either. Simple circuit.

OP, Here's another piece of eq you may want to consider. It will be cheaper, give more options and have a remote with it. I've used them before with my trucks and they work quite well. 4 buttons on it, you can program each one as a momentary of fixed switch. Small enough to hide under a cover or seat.
https://www.amazon.com/Pilot-Performance-Lighting-PL-SW29-Wireless/dp/B000BRJF62?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-d-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B000BRJF62

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Switch harness

OK, so I have power from the outboard switch. I want to use the inboard switch to change the modes on my safety lights. not sure how to read what you have for colors.
The one you show not used is the one I want to use. It lights up so it has power when pushed but it's momentary due to the lock switch I've installed

Thanks for helping

Here is the diagram I jotted down one day and have been using it.

·
Registered
658 Posts
OK, so I have power from the outboard switch. I want to use the inboard switch to change the modes on my safety lights. not sure how to read what you have for colors.
The one you show not used is the one I want to use. It lights up so it has power when pushed but it's momentary due to the lock switch I've installed

Thanks for helping

Under your left side cover, you should see a plug, near the Data Link Port that has the wire colors I'm referring to. It will have a rubber plug on it because nothing it normally plugged into it. I don't normally use the inboard switch on the right side, so I don't have the wiring colors for that one. As for the diagram that I attached, the middle switch powers the blue with white tracer that is under the left side cover and the right switch powers the blue with yellow tracer under the left side cover. the Green and Yellow above the switches refers to the Legends air suspension wiring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts