Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so I have a question for you fellow CVO owners. I got my FLTRXSE2-ANV home today (2500 mile/42 hour round trip - but that's a story for a different forum). I bought her sight unseen. I got a quick look at one that had been sold but not delivered at a local dealership but I was going primarily off pics & reviews I found here and elsewhere online.
I am a chrome kind of guy. On my '12 RGC that got totaled I had chromed out nearly everything that was chrome-able. (new word). But I was coming to grips with the fact that the 110th aniversary shark has lots of black. So I load her up yesterday in Illinois & unload her today in New Hampshire. I had originally planned on waiting a few months before deciding whether or not I changed the handlebars & controls to chrome to see if the black grew on me. Well, the handlebars & controls are flat black - FUGLY (no offence to you denim fans). I probably would have learned to love gloss black handlebars & controls had they been gloss - other parts of her that are gloss black have grown on me already.
Soooo..... After spending hours here looking for options for CVOs, I have found very few. I do understand that the CVOs take a different bar than the FLTRX or FLTRU at the mount point. If I am going to go thru the trouble of changing bars, I AM going chrome. I do have all the chrome controls & braided lines off my '12 FLTRX, so what I need are handlebars, mirrors, & quite possibly cowbells. Ah yes wiring extensions. I have to see the blacked out cowbells with the added chrome first before making that decision.
I am looking for pics of CVO's with aftermarket handlebars & where they came from. Price is always in the back of my mind, but look & comfort is first & foremost. Oh, and I will pay my local indy to do the wiring, so not a major concern that I will get frustrated doing the install or raped by the local stealership.
Thanks fellow shark owners!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Just curious... why do you think the CVO takes a different bar than the fltrx or ultra? My dad has an '11 and my uncle has a '13 CVO. I put a set of "11 CVO bars on my fltrx. Just curious what the difference was. Other than the CVO bar is chrome and has holes for internal wiring.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have read several times here that the portion of the bar that is clamped onto the bike is 1/4" difference in size, so to use non-CVO bars the whole clamp assembly needs to be changed as well. I have also read where some ignore that and use non-CVO bars anyway, but I'm not gonna be one of them. I have too much invested in this scoot to potentially cause an issue like that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just ordered the 13 CVO bars for my FLTRX and they are a true 1.25 bar including the clamp area. You need the bars. risers, and the clamp in order to do the swap correctly

·
Registered
138 Posts
I am also a big chrome fan and I am not a fan of all the black on this bike. All previous CVO's were chromed out. So I salt and peppered the bike everywhere to offset this, so not to over chrome. Now I am happy! I am also going to change out the handlebars, but staying with black. I think the chrome ones would be too much on this bike.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Does anyone have a suggestion on Bars for a 2013 CVO, I want to stay black but i just want to go about 2 inchs above the stock CVO bars. Looking for suggestions doing new bars after I get my 21 put on the front.

·
Registered
490 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts