Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Not according to the '11 RGU manual. The FLTRUSE addendum has no other clutch adjustment information.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
yes, servicing the clutch is different. because its hydraulic, you don't have to adjust it every x miles. you do have to check the condition and level of the fluid in the master cylinder, and it should be flushed every 2 years.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The fluid does get nasty looking pretty fast. 13K miles and less than 2 years of service on mine.
I flushed mine last week and it was dark colored.
Get a Mighty vac and it goes easily. COVER all the paint and rubber before opening the system.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Im a new 2012 cvo owner here and find the clutch service instructions a bit confusing. My clutch catches out at the end, also when downshifting into first gear when moving there a whine. Can you adjust the engagment like cable clutchs without dealing with the hyd part? Also can the whine have something to do with an adjustment issue? Thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
With a HYD HD clutch there is no adjustment on where the clutch engages. This is based off of that stack height. You can swap fibers and steels around if one wanted " the spot" so to speak but its not something most ever do.

The whine can be either rear belt tension ( too tight) or that the auto adjustor has gotten tighter. Many guys feel the auto chain tensioner is the blame for many things. I disagree but hey its not my bike and the 124 getting beat with stock HD parts still works so .My must not be right :)

Stock HD spec on belt tension is a bit tight and once the rear pulley expands it gets tighter. Back it down to max spec and once hot you will find its very snug

1 - 6 of 6 Posts