Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with the CVO I-pod set up? I have a 2012 FLTRXSE, and the I-pod just quit completely. Does not power up even off the bike. My question is can these things be repaired, or is it best just to buy new?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
It is more than likely the feed cable...there have been many replaced on the CVO's. A friend has replaced the Ipod cable he had installed on his EG Classic after experiencing what you have, too. It is poorly constructed and not waterproof as the parts/service people will know.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
you can also try a hard reset on your nano. press and hold the sleep/wake button and the volume down button simultaneously for about 8 seconds until the apple logo appears.

if that doesn't do anything for you. it could be like the others have suggested, your bikes cable went bad allowing your ipod to completely discharge.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After allowing the Nano to charge all night on the computor, it now works. I have not tried it on the bike yet. If it is the cable, is there better alternative vs. the factory cable?

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
After allowing the Nano to charge all night on the computor, it now works. I have not tried it on the bike yet. If it is the cable, is there better alternative vs. the factory cable?
if it is the cable, isn't your cvo still under warranty? let hd fix it on their dime, not yours.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
could be he bought his 12 before you bought your 11. again, my wife's 2012 warranty expired on sep 3. that's almost 2 months ago.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Re-Sync

Have you tried re-syncing it to your computer? I had some issues with mine and re-syncing to the original computer that I downloaded songs from seemed to help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts