Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 CVO RGC in Candy Cobalt and Twilight Blue. I see a lot of pics of other CVO's with matching painted tour packs, is the only way to get this paint match to pay 5x the price through moco? I want to either paint my king TP or get a chopped one and match the paint. Anyone on here know of any premier painters that can match the CVO scheme.
Thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
Joe from Xtreme Dimension Custom Motorcycles...We Specialize in Harley colors, all Parts and customizing needs-
10% off any parts or paint work- 856-740-5020- code (4CVO)

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
I had a guy north of Orlando named Ted Schoonard paint a 2014 style TP for me to match my Skunk and he knocked it out of the park. Since you're in NorCal it might be easier to go through Joe like posted above. My point is that there are other options that are as good or better than the dealer. Painting anything to match CVO paint is still pretty pricey to get it done right.

·
Registered
154 Posts
ImageUploadedByMO Free1413771273.504322.jpg
Ditto on Joe Z. Can't say it enough. He's good....real good.

Converted my '07 vivid black to '13 atomic orange. Exact match.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any idea of about how much a king or chopped TP could run? His work looks right on, Im impressed

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im in Calif and hes in NY, i wouldnt say hes particularly close. He said he sells the TPs at a discount so that would cut down the shipping expenses.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Im in Calif and hes in NY, i wouldnt say hes particularly close. He said he sells the TPs at a discount so that would cut down the shipping expenses.
My post was actually quoting Eddy. He's since replied. I'd think being in Cal where all kinds of custom work originates, you'd be able to find a damn good painter to achieve your needs.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I now realize that my bad. I found one guy theough a friend but he asked for the paint numbers, and Im not sure if those are public from what I understand. Anyone know if the candy cobalt and twilight blue are available?
I just had the selling dealer touch up one of my saddle bags on the TW blue although it looks very good if you shine a light and look close it is not exactly the same.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Have you gotten prices on this? I was looking at doing the same thing and it was cheaper to buy the Tour-Pak right from a dealer that gave me a 20% discount. I however didn't have a Tour-Pak to begin with.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Joe wants $750. I want to get a 2015 chopped tp. I asked the dealer if i could order it painted and they said no. I guess is going to get expensive

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Joe wants $750. I want to get a 2015 chopped tp. I asked the dealer if i could order it painted and they said no. I guess is going to get expensive
unfortunately, anything cvo is high dollar. but, the good news is that you can get a primed 2014+ tourpack and have joe paint it and it would be just about the same cost as the factory painted cvo tourpacks.

the primed tourpack is pn: 53000405, and retails for $699.95 (cheaper through your discount dealer). add the $750 for joe to paint, and you're looking at $1450, plus your shipping costs.

there is a cobalt paint available, but it's a 2013 down tourpack. if you are set on the newer style, here are the available cvo colors:

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks I already figured that one out. Joe did say he can sell me a TP at a discount so it would be a 1 way shipping which still may be a little less $$ overall. CVO's, my son now tells me welcome to the Ferrari club lol

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Any chance the 2012 cvo cobalt/twilight blue numbers are available?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts