Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Painted some goodies for "Doctor Mike" one of our members here,

2016 CVO RGU

HD heat deflectors and a Mean Mug brow, since there is zero info on CVO colors I had him send me a side cover so I could hand match the silver and red.

They turned out great and will look real nice on that new bike!

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Painted some goodies for "Doctor Mike" one of our members here,

2016 CVO RGU

HD heat deflectors and a Mean Mug brow, since there is zero info on CVO colors I had him send me a side cover so I could hand match the silver and red.

They turned out great and will look real nice on that new bike!

Very nice job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
374 Posts
Nice job.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great work RH. Did you have any issues painting that bezel?

It is actually a pretty nice piece, even though it looks quite smooth these injected parts can have some tiny pinholes you can't see and a good filler primer can be used to take care of that.
I use PPG epoxy primer on everything before color and clear to ensure it all sticks to the plastic parts.

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
It is actually a pretty nice piece, even though it looks quite smooth these injected parts can have some tiny pinholes you can't see and a good filler primer can be used to take care of that.
I use PPG epoxy primer on everything before color and clear to ensure it all sticks to the plastic parts.
My local painter ran into that with mine when he did it. He's also a PPG guy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking to find the PPG codes to match my 2009 CVO RG yellow pearl and charcoal slate grey looking to add lowers to match contour of bike.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am looking to find the PPG codes to match my 2009 CVO RG yellow pearl and charcoal slate grey looking to add lowers to match contour of bike.
There is no formula number info for CVO or SE paint colors, we are on our own and have to hand match those colors, unfortunately.

I have gotten pretty good at matching these as long as I have a sample like a side cover, etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts