Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried these on a stock 107 RG? Wonder how they sound and how loud. Currently running 4.5” SC’s with everything else stock on my ‘19.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Anyone tried these on a stock 107 RG? Wonder how they sound and how loud. Currently running 4.5” SC’s with everything else stock on my ‘19.
Are you referring to the pipes or mufflers? If you are talking mufflers, look into putting Fulsac cores in them. Maybe @SteadyEddie will chime in and offer up his take on them as he did that to his 107 at first.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you referring to the pipes or mufflers? If you are talking mufflers, look into putting Fulsac cores in them. Maybe @SteadyEddie will chime in and offer up his take on them as he did that to his 107 at first.
Mufflers such as slip ons. Looking for deeper than stock without the need for changing the air or a tuner. And not risking my warranty or else I would be looking for some aftermarket slip ons. Never had to worry about this in the past but, as someone said, the M8 has changed the game.

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Mufflers such as slip ons. Looking for deeper than stock without the need for changing the air or a tuner. And not risking my warranty or else I would be looking for some aftermarket slip ons. Never had to worry about this in the past but, as someone said, the M8 has changed the game.
Aftermarket slip ons should be safe as you're not changing the head pipe.

CVO cans and cores are good also. I run the Fullsac cores on my CVO and like the sound. Sound is subjective to everyone's personal taste thought.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
I had stock CVO Cans on my '17 and ran them for a bit without the cores and did not notice much of a sound diff from regular HD Stock Cans - When @BH#103 was kind enough to install the FullSac Cores in them, they rivaled any other slip on in terms of a deeper and louder sound......BUT, the M8 with the Stock Head Pipe will mute any basic slip on.......and I ran 3 of them on my '17 - The only one I have heard of making any significant difference is the BAM Sticks with the Zombie Baffle but have not heard the best reviews of them when you lay into it in terms of a real quality sound......more of just a "louder" aspect if that makes any sense - My Favorites were my V&H Cans that sold tp get Reinfarts as they just had a great all around, "race" sound if I may......made the bike sound solid

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had stock CVO Cans on my '17 and ran them for a bit without the cores and did not notice much of a sound diff from regular HD Stock Cans - When @BH#103 was kind enough to install the FullSac Cores in them, they rivaled any other slip on in terms of a deeper and louder sound......BUT, the M8 with the Stock Head Pipe will mute any basic slip on.......and I ran 3 of them on my '17 - The only one I have heard of making any significant difference is the BAM Sticks with the Zombie Baffle but have not heard the best reviews of them when you lay into it in terms of a real quality sound......more of just a "louder" aspect if that makes any sense - My Favorites were my V&H Cans that sold tp get Reinfarts as they just had a great all around, "race" sound if I may......made the bike sound solid
Thanks for that detailed explanation. My Cannons sound good but would like a little quieter and deeper. Perhaps when I finish the Stage 1...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts