Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys Question

I went into a Dealer today in the Southeast to buy a CVO which he expected to have in 40 days. He was asking 8k over MSRP plus additional fees.

So my questions is this normal?

For these prices I can have a custom bike made.

So if you have purchased a CVO chime in.

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Multistrada V4S
4,413 Posts
It's normal for some dealers to do that with the current model year but you don't have to buy from them. The problem for you right now is that bikes are selling at a premium so more dealers will be inclined to get as much as they can. If you are patient, you could get one a little cheaper when the next model year bikes are introduced.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
My dealer doesn’t do mark ups the last I checked, but the $1000 surcharge is still expected right now I think

·
Registered
530 Posts
Harley has downsized their market.
The local Clermont FL dealer was closed down. The story has happened dozens of times across the US.
Market saturation and the availability of used bikes at competitive prices threatened HDs pricing power.
Lower volume dealers were closed - bike production reduced, some assembly plants closed.

So MSRP+ pricing is going to be more common as the buyer has fewer competing dealers in many markets.
I'm a used bike fanatic. Never had a warranty claim among 7 new Harleys that did me any good.

I have an independent mechanic I have trusted over the years - he does all the work I can bring him - his business is important to me. He finds loose stuff I'd never check. Bike never lets me down.

Wood Font Material property Hardwood Wood stain

·
Registered
2020 Zephyr Blue / Black RGS stage 2 TQ cam,V&H power duals, Ventilator Ciro bag blades,Kahuna heate
1,140 Posts
I have looked at cycle trader.Dealers do put their new bikes on that board.I find it interesting some dealers list the MSRP of a CVO another says “call for price.”
If a dealer shows the MSRP would that not be MSRP plus setup and freight ?
VS.” Call for pricing” and it’s some crazy number that only a select few would consider.
Worth a look.We bought a 21 CVO RG before all the craziness they are great machines.
Good Hunting

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah it’s sure interesting times. I called a dealer I’ve done business with and asked him to get me a Street Glide CVO will see what happens. I’m curious to ride the Shark and the batwing back to back.

Thanks Again

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
Many have been fooled in to thinking they can buy these bike . Sit on them a bit then flip them for big profit. Good luck yall.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
11,638 Posts
I think BobRG15 checked 2 different dealers in FL. and found that they were both 'asking' $10k over MSRP! So much for Zeitz saying that he wasn't going to allow dealers to sell at prices over MSRP.

Reactions: smitty901

·
Registered
6,533 Posts
Harley has downsized their market.
The local Clermont FL dealer was closed down. The story has happened dozens of times across the US.
Market saturation and the availability of used bikes at competitive prices threatened HDs pricing power.
Lower volume dealers were closed - bike production reduced, some assembly plants closed.

So MSRP+ pricing is going to be more common as the buyer has fewer competing dealers in many markets.
I'm a used bike fanatic. Never had a warranty claim among 7 new Harleys that did me any good.

I have an independent mechanic I have trusted over the years - he does all the work I can bring him - his business is important to me. He finds loose stuff I'd never check. Bike never lets me down.

View attachment 445586

This pretty much nails it. You're screwed if all your local dealers are doing that shit. If you can find one online and is willing to make a deal, fly up and ride it home.

Reactions: xqwisit

·
Registered
169 Posts
Went to two AR dealers roughly 150 miles apart pricing CVO's. One was MSRP and the other MSRP + $6500 and a bunch of add-on fees. Still kicking myself on shopping around, first bike sold right before I called them back to purchase.

·
Registered
Shark!
652 Posts
I found mine 8 hours away at Brandywine HD and purchased at MSRP plus the normal fees HD list on their site. Very smooth and easy transaction.
That's where I got my 2019 rgs. Fair and very easy. Prices on the floor were all fair too.
I could never get a decent price from them.... I have bought all my bikes from other dealers around the area - Rommel HD, Lancaster HD (BEFORE they were bought by the same owners as Brandywine). Another great dealer is Chesapeake HD... Brandwyne HD has ALWAYS been the most expensive around in my experience - they add all prep charges you can imagine...lol

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
I think BobRG15 checked 2 different dealers in FL. and found that they were both 'asking' $10k over MSRP! So much for Zeitz saying that he wasn't going to allow dealers to sell at prices over MSRP.
He demands it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was just at my local big dealer last week replacing a cruise control switch under warranty. It’s a 21 road glide special that I paid MSRP for. What I’m hearing, due to the lack of production they can pretty much get what they want. They’re selling a 22 road glide and street glide special for 36K right now and people are buying them. An awesome painted CVO ultra on the show room floor they said they’ll probably get 64 for it.

And they are selling them as they get them.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts