Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
As long as consumers are willing to pay, can you really blame the dealerships?
It's us as consumers who are to blame. Pandemic related (supply issues) or not, if I walk in and laugh at the sales team for listing a bike $XXXX amount over MSRP but Joe rolls in shortly after and buys without hesitation; why is the dealer to blame? Remember the "S" in MSRP is suggested so they can ask more or less. This goes for everything right now besides motorcycles. Just my two cents.

BTW i would be the one walking out if a bike is priced thousands over MSRP without even an explanation.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I stopped into my dealer near my office and told him if he can get it to do so. If not I will just take a 2023.

Recently I needed a pickup truck and the same nonsense is going on with them.

Found a dealer that sold me a beautiful diesel Ram loaded 4k under sticker.

This short term greed is out of hand. I’m now told that banks are no longer financing these markups.
The same source said repossession are rising steadily almost sounds like 2008 and 2009 again.

·
Registered
Shark!
652 Posts
As long as consumers are willing to pay, can you really blame the dealerships?
It's us as consumers who are to blame. Pandemic related (supply issues) or not, if I walk in and laugh at the sales team for listing a bike $XXXX amount over MSRP but Joe rolls in shortly after and buys without hesitation; why is the dealer to blame? Remember the "S" in MSRP is suggested so they can ask more or less. This goes for everything right now besides motorcycles. Just my two cents.

BTW i would be the one walking out if a bike is priced thousands over MSRP without even an explanation.
That my friend, is the law of supply and demand....for every few not wanting to pay and walking out the door, there will be one willing to do so... etc... There is NO ONE to blame, it is what it is and it has ALWAYS been this way.

·
Registered
24 Posts
A bit off topic, but when will the 2023’s being released? I have been away from riding for a few years and hoping to get back into it after the beginning of the year (looking at a Limited or CVO). I wasn’t sure what has been the typical release date the last few years due to everything. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
A bit off topic, but when will the 2023’s being released? I have been away from riding for a few years and hoping to get back into it after the beginning of the year (looking at a Limited or CVO). I wasn’t sure what has been the typical release date the last few years due to everything. Thanks.
Mr. Shoe Exec moved the dealer meeting and new model release until mid January.

Sent from Tapatalk. probably while pooping.

·
Premium Member
5,954 Posts
They’re selling a 22 road glide and street glide special for 36K right now and people are buying them. An awesome painted CVO ultra on the show room floor they said they’ll probably get 64 for it.

And they are selling them as they get them.
it's gonna be awesome in a couple of years when these folks go to sell them and find that they are so far underwater. i think we'll see a glut of used bikes on the market that are priced way too high and won't sell.

Thanks. January?!? WTH.
i actually think january's a good time for it. starts getting you amped for the upcoming spring that's just around the corner. better than buying a bike, riding it a couple of times, then putting it up for winter....

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
i love to walk into the car and bike dealers' showrooms on the last business day of the year.
sales guys go crazy trying to make that last sale and sometimes are willing to concede more benjamins.

one of the dealers in the area has 12 CVO bikes already sold since beginning of July.
he said most of them pay cash lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
My dealer treats me fair and I don’t think they have marked up other CVO’s above MSRP. I bought the 2022, orange and black road glide ultra. MSRP but they did knock off the $1000 for the surcharge and did not charge me for transportation. AOK by me

·
Shark of the Month October 13
11,636 Posts
Goes to prove, "There's a sucker born every minute!" Much of this can be blamed on the HD CEO. Zeitz was determined to immediately stop the practice of dealers discounting off of MSRP, so he cut production. He's determined to make Harleys a boutique type of item with a much higher average sale price - hence all the "Special Edition" paint jobs that have come out in the past 3-4 years. He said he would discourage dealers from selling above MSRP too, but there are no signs he's doing anything to prevent it.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts