Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that have a heated seat, I have a '15 FLTRUSE and have been using the heated seat lately. It takes about 10-15 minutes for the seat to actually get any heat, and it seems like it takes longer on the high setting. Is this normal, or is there something wrong with it? My car heated seats usually heat up by the time I leave my neighborhood, on the bike I'm usually close to already being at work before I even feel the heat. The bike is covered under warranty, so if I need to take it in, that's fine, but if it's normal that sucks. How long does it take for y'all's seats to heat up?

Nuke

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I’ve got the same bike/seat. Mine also takes a while to warm up and - doesn’t make any sense - but I think I feel the heat better when it’s really cold. Not like the grips that I can’t hang onto if set over 1.5 without gloves!

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
Mines seems to take about 8 minutes before it's unbearable and then I shut it off. By that time, turning it on low it seems like it take forever to cool off. I have about a 20 minute ride to work depending on traffic so I hit the high button, shut it off and if I start to get a little cold, I turn in back on low for a few minutes. Dunno, maybe my pants are thinner than yours.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
For those that have a heated seat, I have a '15 FLTRUSE and have been using the heated seat lately. It takes about 10-15 minutes for the seat to actually get any heat, and it seems like it takes longer on the high setting. Is this normal, or is there something wrong with it? My car heated seats usually heat up by the time I leave my neighborhood, on the bike I'm usually close to already being at work before I even feel the heat. The bike is covered under warranty, so if I need to take it in, that's fine, but if it's normal that sucks. How long does it take for y'all's seats to heat up?

Nuke
Are you dressed in more layers when you ride the bike vs when you are in your car? If so that would explain most of the difference. The other part is that the car seats are on the inside of a space that also has been heated. There may be indeed something wrong but my guess is that you are expecting something like your car heated seats and it may not be a fair comparison. Just a thought...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you dressed in more layers when you ride the bike vs when you are in your car? If so that would explain most of the difference. The other part is that the car seats are on the inside of a space that also has been heated. There may be indeed something wrong but my guess is that you are expecting something like your car heated seats and it may not be a fair comparison. Just a thought...
Not on the seat. I wear chaps, but the only part that touches the seat is my regular jeans.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’ve got the same bike/seat. Mine also takes a while to warm up and - doesn’t make any sense - but I think I feel the heat better when it’s really cold. Not like the grips that I can’t hang onto if set over 1.5 without gloves!
I agree that the heated grips work WAAAAY better than the seat does. LOL!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts