Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Purchased the 2015 two piece CVO Solo and Pillion seats for my 2016 RGS.

This is my first HD but not my first bike! Scratching my head as to how to install the Pillion.... not sure my dealer/parts guy missed something or I'm being a little stunned :nerd: on how it secures up with the solo seat?

Any suggestions or pics would be greatly appreciated.

John

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, figured out whats wrong,

Parts guy forgot order/provide the nuts that have a collar to allow the passenger pillion to lock in place..... errr...... :mad:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
what part#'s you use for the seat?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ok, figured out whats wrong,

Parts guy forgot order/provide the nuts that have a collar to allow the passenger pillion to lock in place..... errr...... :mad:
That makes sense. I have a CVO and that's how the pillion attaches... its pretty obvious...IF you have all the right parts.

Hopefully they can get them for you quick.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what part#'s you use for the seat?
Here is what I used,
2916 CVO Street Gilide CVO
Part #
52000172 (Solo Rider)
52300341 (Pass Pillion)
52300361 (Sissy Par PAd)

These are all Black no color stitching (that is what I wanted).

PS, make sure you check the order, my dealer parts guy is a little dyslexic.... he order a 52000341 the first time! Go to pick up my order and there is a large box? It was a two up seat with HDMC embossed and blue stitching. All be it was a nice seat was not even close to the pillion! Worst part, i drug the f**k thing home and had it a week (away for work) before realizing his mistake! :mad:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That makes sense. I have a CVO and that's how the pillion attaches... its pretty obvious...IF you have all the right parts.

Hopefully they can get them for you quick.

To be honest this a "leaning moment" for me, Know exactly what you need to order from the this parts guy and check the order over before leaving... My expectations were way to high excepting him to know what I needed to install CVO seat.

So, I went back out this morning and looked through the bags etc. This bugged the hell out of me all night....

When I picked up the seat (there first time) i bought the chrome quick release kit (LOL thumb screw) for the pillion. there wer several small harley part bags and they are all went in a large harly bag to get me out the door. Last night I went through the bag and was confused why I has two quick releases, figured the parts guy screwed up?

Turns out that that i did have the nut with the collar BUT someone had stole one of them which I had not noticed until installing it last night.... :mad::rolleyes:

I would upload pics put that seems to be broken....

Oh, the dealer is 1 1/2hr drive one way!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts