Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to throw up a post of my quest for a backrest for my brown leather diamond stitch CVO low profile solo seat.
I looked at the grasshopper model which wraps around the back of the seat but found out it wasn't adjustable.
I talked with Seth @ Auto Originals in NM. I sent the seat to him on a Friday. He fabled a built in, matching, adjustable backrest, installed a gel pad in the seat and I received the completed seat the very next Friday. Great work.
Some before and afters...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: BG1960

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
That looks good

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! Feels great. The adjustment is awesome. Leans back for lounging. Adjusts forward for a real "bucket seat" feel

·
Registered
189 Posts
Wanted to throw up a post of my quest for a backrest for my brown leather diamond stitch CVO low profile solo seat.
I looked at the grasshopper model which wraps around the back of the seat but found out it wasn't adjustable.
I talked with Seth @ Auto Originals in NM. I sent the seat to him on a Friday. He fabled a built in, matching, adjustable backrest, installed a gel pad in the seat and I received the completed seat the very next Friday. Great work.
Some before and afters...

How do you like the seat? Softness? How long can you sit in the saddle before needing to get off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did West Palm to Jacksonville and back this weekend. A little over 600 miles in 36 hours. On the trip up and back I only stood up to fill it with gogo juice and kept it moving, so essentially about 4+ hours in the seat with no problems. Gel seat makes a big difference, but still not squishy like the stock hammock.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I went the cvobackrest route. It put me a little to far forward, so I did a little fabricating and now I can move it back TOO far. Its great. Your set up looks very nice. What kinda coin did that run?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
$400 for gel pad addition to seat and the matched backrest. Alot for a backrest, but I buy once cry once, you know?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts