Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just got this today......hopefully ride better than the stock seat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am 6'-3" and purchased the same seat when I bought my 15' RG. Did a 3,000 mile ride in March with no issues. Great seat solo or with pillion.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Seat looks great. Hopefully it's comfy for you.

I have a Danny Gray Passenger Pillion that looks like it would work with this if your interested.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Just got this today......hopefully ride better than the stock seat.

It's a great seat for big guys. If you decide you want some gel in it or a new cover Rich is the man, over in kingston. Why the hell haven't we gone for another ride? Do you and Vern want to go for a ride somewhere this weekend?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Love that seat. Got it in brown. Sent it to Auto Originals in NM. Got a gel pad put in and a matching backrest. He builds the backrest into the seat, slotted for removability.
Really nice work.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a great seat for big guys. If you decide you want some gel in it or a new cover Rich is the man, over in kingston. Why the hell haven't we gone for another ride? Do you and Vern want to go for a ride somewhere this weekend?

Haven't had a lot of chances for long rides in awhile......getting married in a couple weeks so we've been trying to get the yard in shape. ......I could probably sneak out for a couple hours tomorrow though.....I'll see if Vern wants to come down and text ya.

Headed to,Winthrop next weekend....I'll see how the seat feels after that.....Rich's will be my next move if necessary.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Seat looks great. Hopefully it's comfy for you.

I have a Danny Gray Passenger Pillion that looks like it would work with this if your interested.

Thanks! I think I'm going to try this out for a bit and make sure it works for me before I drop any more coin.....once it's dialed in I'll check with you and see if you still have it.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Nice! I want one too, but I think I'm to short. Does it set you back further than stock?
how short are you? i'm 5'4'' and have been running the cvo solo for quite a while. first on my 2010, and then followed by the cvo. I've done some long rides with it, and while after a couple of hours, my butt wants to get off, it isn't a long lasting pain like other seats. walk around for a few minutes and ready to go again. hell, I get that even in my truck.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
how short are you? i'm 5'4'' and have been running the cvo solo for quite a while. first on my 2010, and then followed by the cvo. I've done some long rides with it, and while after a couple of hours, my butt wants to get off, it isn't a long lasting pain like other seats. walk around for a few minutes and ready to go again. hell, I get that even in my truck.
Felt that way when mine was new also. Had it carved out and gel put in and no more pains. You wouldn't even have to be there for a mod like that.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Haven't had a lot of chances for long rides in awhile......getting married in a couple weeks so we've been trying to get the yard in shape. ......I could probably sneak out for a couple hours tomorrow though.....I'll see if Vern wants to come down and text ya.

Headed to,Winthrop next weekend....I'll see how the seat feels after that.....Rich's will be my next move if necessary.

?? You're welcome to borrow my seat for a weekend also if you want to feel what some gel will do for you.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Felt that way when mine was new also. Had it carved out and gel put in and no more pains. You wouldn't even have to be there for a mod like that.
I don't know that it's a problem with the seat, or a problem with my ass.... I have never found a seat that I didn't start to have butt pain in a couple of hours. but just a quick stop to get gas, take a quick walk, and i'm ready to go again. I don't have lingering pain at the end of the day. I've ridden some seats that after I get where i'm going, I don't even want to think about riding anymore. I don't get that with this seat.

I do wish you lived closer, I would like to try out your seat with gel, though...

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I don't know that it's a problem with the seat, or a problem with my ass.... I have never found a seat that I didn't start to have butt pain in a couple of hours. but just a quick stop to get gas, take a quick walk, and i'm ready to go again. I don't have lingering pain at the end of the day. I've ridden some seats that after I get where i'm going, I don't even want to think about riding anymore. I don't get that with this seat.

I do wish you lived closer, I would like to try out your seat with gel, though...
Where are you and what's your riding season?

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
i'm in Louisiana, and our riding is year round.

·
Registered
923 Posts
@skratch I'm 5'5" I bought a drag specialties solo seat. It's a hair shorter than stock if not the same. I wanted a CVO solo but didn't want to risk it putting me to far back. (Sorry about the hijack)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts