Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I picked up my new 13 cvo road glide last week and wondering what to do for stereo upgrade.

On my street glide I had aftermarket head unit J&M 7.25 in upper and lower faring with a little amp on top of deck. I'm not sure what to upgrade on this bike.

I have an alpine 4ch amp I bought for my street glide I thought wouldn't fit but did and never did use it. Not sure if I can use it with this head unit for one and is it worthwhile since there is amp already in from factory. Not sure if I want to change out head unit again since it's set up perfect imo for my iPod which I use 100% of the time.

I was thinking of 6.5 in faring and for bags not sure what size I can upgrade in there. Was also thinking of doing speakers in lowers again but not sure yet.

·
Registered
8,288 Posts
A speaker upgrade would be a good start. Even though it's a cvo , I would assume the speakers are just the HD Boom line. Not sure about the amp. Make sure you get the ohm rating on the amp before buying speakers.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I'm very happy with my set-up;

J&M Rokkers / XTs in the fairing / lowers, Rokker 500.4 in the fairing.

HK with Iron Cross Audio preamp outs (f/r) ICA Bluetooth.

Clean, clear sound at 90.

All plug n play.

Eastern Performance has good pricing.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey guys I picked up my new 13 cvo road glide last week and wondering what to do for stereo upgrade.

On my street glide I had aftermarket head unit J&M 7.25 in upper and lower faring with a little amp on top of deck. I'm not sure what to upgrade on this bike.

I have an alpine 4ch amp I bought for my street glide I thought wouldn't fit but did and never did use it. Not sure if I can use it with this head unit for one and is it worthwhile since there is amp already in from factory. Not sure if I want to change out head unit again since it's set up perfect imo for my iPod which I use 100% of the time.

I was thinking of 6.5 in faring and for bags not sure what size I can upgrade in there. Was also thinking of doing speakers in lowers again but not sure yet.

Might want to check some threads here/
http://harleytechtalk.org/htt/index.php/topic,80359.0.html

Good luck. Lots of options.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts