Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw an '11 CVO Street Glide this weekend (green and black) that had the outer fairing off, and I took a closer look and was surprised to find the speakers and amp had the MTX logo on them, not the Harley Boom!
anybody know if this amp and speakers can be ordered somehow?
i thought the Street Glide had the new Boom! Audio equipment and HD was using the Street Glide as a selling piece for the new Boom! Audio.
Sort of decieving... Comments?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Thats interesting.... every CVO I have seen has the Boom Audio in it 9they are easy to tell with the white ring on the cone face). I will be curious to see what answer you come up with. Maybe the owner wanted more power and better speaekrs for him tunes and asked the dealer to install some car audio stuff on his SG? Only guess I have!

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe, but Im almost 100% sure it was all stock. the amp looked really tight and small and looked like it was made to go onto the HK head unit. It had fit to the HU plastic housing that fit onto the top left side of the head unit. The MTX writing was very small, not like a logo, but more of a "made by" inscription in small lettering. i cant find any info anywhere that would relate MTX to HD.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Someone has to make it for HD
Harmon Kardon Makes the head unit
brembo the brakes
Citgo the Oil
Seat Leather comes from Cows
Tires from Rubber trees.

Few companies make 100% of everything in house.

Almost every manuf has real time delivery of parts
to the production line to keep inventory costs minimized
and effectively use cash flow...

It's part of why HD wanted to go to seasonal production
the Unions fought it because they wanted fixed labor all year

But in reality you don't want to have to build bikes all year
when you can reduce production to meed lower demand
helping maintain lower operating costs....

·
Registered
588 Posts
that would be easy....lowest bidder LOL.
Lowest bidder, lowest quality, lowest price.... everything I have ever seen from MTX has bee cheap, cheaply made, and not very good sounding. I just dont see them making speakers for HD then the moco slapping on a "boom audio" sticker over it?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
If they do make it, I will say this...the speakers in the lowers sound really good! I was running them in mine, but found out they are 1 ohm, and kept overheating the amp. But thet rocked!!!.....until the fuse blew!

....and Donk, I've been pushing those Polk's a little harder after out talk, and they are sounding better

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There may be better out there, but the CVO Street Glide stereo Rocks!
I dont know if MTX is making the Boom!. i think HD had MTX make the stereo just for the CVO Street Glide. Now I want someone to open up the CVO ROad Glide Fairing and see whats in there.

·
Registered
588 Posts
If they do make it, I will say this...the speakers in the lowers sound really good! I was running them in mine, but found out they are 1 ohm, and kept overheating the amp. But thet rocked!!!.....until the fuse blew!

....and Donk, I've been pushing those Polk's a little harder after out talk, and they are sounding better
I polk is a good speaker, they just need proper break in and you can really give them some power. I just started pushing the DB 6.5s in my car at 120 rms per channel.... they are rated at 100 watts rms per channel! Awesome speakers from personal experience.

I need to put that my ELF amp on my Boom speakers and see how much power they can handle before they blow.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
No real need to crack open the CVO RG fairing. Its got the Boom Speakers in it (just easier to open a box!!) and the amp is the HK amp in the P&A book, its hung under the tour-pak

·
Registered
324 Posts
sorry the Arc audio and Exile audio amp and speaker kits I install walk all over the CVO street glide audio system I would not buy it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts