Road Glide banner

CVO street glide to road glide coversion.

6K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Easyryder01 
#1 ·
Not much on posting, more of a troller, but i am in the process of converting my 2011 cvo street glide into a roadie. If this process strikes anyones interest i will continue with the thread. If not, i wont bore anyone with useless information.

Decided it was finally time to divorce myself from the batwings.

#9 ·
Looks as if there is some interest. I will start giving updates this Friday. Work has me in Deep South Texas right now and won't be home till Thursday night. Btw, Podunk is a wide spot in the road between Lampasas and Copperas Cove, more commonly known as Kempner.

#12 ·
I'll start off with a description of what i'm starting with, parts acquired, concerns and follow up with some pictures once i get back home to resume working on the abortion.

Starting off with my 2011 black diamond/crimson tag cvo SG. I've put 42K miles on it and love everything about it, but after actually putting some miles on a brothers roadie i realized how much better the handling was. Funny how ones perspective changes over time. It took me 27 years before i made the switch to a dreaded geezer glide. I crossed over to the geezer world in 03 and swore i'd never go back. Eleven years, 3 batwings later i have conceeded to the fact that the roadie is the chit.

Now for the parts: I utilized ebay for the inner fairing, nacelle and headlight. The outer fairing, brackets, speaker grills (with adapters) and all bolts, nuts, screws etc necessary ordered online from a stealer with a 20% discount. Madstad windshield, Buky 14" bars and a cvo matched paint job, from a guy in Dallas, and now i am ready to go.

Concerns: The only concern i've had is over the interconnect harness. I contemplated buying a roadie harness but after pricing the cvo harness i decided i would extend the necessary wires on the interconnect i have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.