Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm want a set of the CVO Style Saddle Bags for my 2018 Road Glide Ultra.

However, I don't want to pay Harley Davidson's price. I've seen the Advanblack products but I really don't care for the block style extended saddle bags. I like the more angular look of the CVO's.

I know there a several company's making the CVO style bags but know offer painted to match.

Any one ever gone this way and how much did it end up costing.

Thanks for the help.

Bike is a 2018 FLTRU in Electric Blue.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,234 Posts
So did you buy the truck to match the bike or the other way around? Pretty close match considering they're both factory paint jobs. From my prospective, "Top Shop" makes high quality bags (and other pieces). Not sure if they offer painted now or not, haven't been on their site for a year or more. If you have them painted locally, then again, I'd recommend "Top Shop" as their bags are finished so that they're virtually ready to paint out of the box. Less time ( and money) your painter has to spend and charge you for. Just one guy's opinion.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
I know that HD stuff seems over priced at times but with the plastic stuff you very often get what you pay for. While there are aftermarket choices that many are satisfied with for the money, you just cant go wrong with OEM in this case. Sometimes you can find a used lower set of OEM bags and can get a painter to match the paint and save money that way. I have never heard of anyone bashing the quality of the OEM plastics but you will get very mixed reviews of most of the aftermarket stuff. The ones that get the best reviews are pretty much up there with the price of OEM. Just something to consider and know going in. What are you willing to settle for?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have been looking for the same. I have been doing some research and talking to people about the VTwin Manufacturing stretched saddlebag lowers. I haven't come across anyone that had anything bad to say about them. And you for sure cannot beat the price.

·
Registered
4 Posts

However, I don't want to pay Harley Davidson's price. I've seen the Advanblack products but I really don't care for the block style extended saddle bags. I like the more angular look of the CVO's.

I know there a several company's making the CVO style bags but know offer painted to match.

Thanks for the help.

Nasty Hog has some color Matched bags and side covers ..good price as well...got them and side covers..paint match and quality was great

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
exas

about 20 hours ago · #1
CVO Sytle Saddle Bags 2015 and Latter

Thanks for the help.

Bike is a 2018 FLTRU in Electric Blue

I bought advanblack 4 1/2 stretched bags with speaker lids. Love them. They color matched perfectly. They really add some if the flair that I wanted for my bike. After dumping the stick radio for a Sony with a Rockford Fosgate 400 watt speaker/amp add, I'm really starting to love it even more. I say get them and enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Reply number 20 in this thread below has a pix of my ebay CVO style bags. I think I paid $400 for just the lowers. Heavy ABS like the factory ones. Body shop said they were in great shape with very little prep work. This will be the 5th season on them and no issues. I can't remember the brand but for some reason, VTwin may have been it. I can't post the same pix in two different places on the site when the site is hosting the pix, hence the link to the other thread with the pix.

https://www.roadglide.org/71-paint-bodywork-section/365811-oem-rgs-stretched-bags.html

Eastern Performance has some at a good price. No skid plates for the bottom included from the looks of the ad.
https://www.easternperformance.com/custom-stretched-cvo-style-extended-dual-saddlebags-bags-harley-14-18-flhx-fltr.html

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ohiobellboy. the #20 post is pretty much what I'm looking for, I've look at the Advanblack but the they just don't seem to complement the lines of the bike to me. may HD credit card is paid off, I guess it time to run it up some.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
P.S. the truck , Toyota Tacoma 2006 Speedway Blue
Bike is a 2018 Electric Blue.

I hope to get as many mile out of The Harley as I have Out of the Tacoma. the truck is 199,475.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Is this the look your going for
not to speak for the op, but those aren't cvo styled stretched bags. some people don't care, some do. I happen to be in the camp that does. I much prefer the slanted style of the cvo bags vs the full stretch.

but, your bike does look good regardless.

·
Registered
116 Posts

Thanks for the help.

check out these Bad Dad bags. is this what you're looking for? They do color match Electric Blue. They aren't exactly cheap though.

https://www.baddad.com/products/part/81275

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ended up buying HD for my Limited, used online discount dealer. Sunglo 3 stage paint matched and OEM quality. My next build after current bike will be black, so I can paint all aftermarket ad-ons myself.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts