Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planing on removing my tank and faring to replace my speakers and run my wire for my amp and installing it all this weekend. Our rides are getting rained out with the storm coming in. I have a couple of questions about it. What do I need to remove to pull the tank? I looked at the sticky on removing the tank but it is for the non CVO models. Also it said to remove the battery cables, the last time I did that my alarm went off till I rehooked the wires. What do I need to do to stop that from happening.
I went and put a service manual on order, they did not have one at the dealer.
Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
940 Posts
Just a guess but maybe pull the main fuse. Don't think the tank removal would be much differant on a CVO but that is just a guess too. It is a real easy job on a non CVO. Take the dash off, 2 bolts in front, 2 bolts in back then disconnect the quick connect gas line.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
Turn the ignition on with your FOB close by, to disarm the security...... then pull the main fuse, WITH THE IGNITION ON.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Just a guess but maybe pull the main fuse. Don't think the tank removal would be much differant on a CVO but that is just a guess too. It is a real easy job on a non CVO. Take the dash off, 2 bolts in front, 2 bolts in back then disconnect the quick connect gas line.
Yup, this.^^^^

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ignition on with security FOB - Pull Main fuse - turn ignition off.
Siphon as much fuel out of the tank as you can.
Fuel line is quick disconnect similar to an air hose chuck - push up bottom of fitting - push up on sleeve - pull fuel line from tank
Remove trim plate from top of tank - unplug wires - disconnect overflow tube
Remove two bolts in front and two bolts in back of tank
Remove tank - Use care to not scratch tank
Install in reverse procedure. Replace fuse with ignition off. Refuel and ready to go.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the info.
I got it pulled ind reinstalled yesterday, but I will have to pull it back off again. I installed some lizard lights but mounted the under the tanks in the wrong place and I will have to move them. Be sure to point them down and not to the sides. LOL
Mark

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I am planing on removing my tank and faring to replace my speakers and run my wire for my amp and installing it all this weekend. Our rides are getting rained out with the storm coming in. I have a couple of questions about it. What do I need to remove to pull the tank? I looked at the sticky on removing the tank but it is for the non CVO models. Also it said to remove the battery cables, the last time I did that my alarm went off till I rehooked the wires. What do I need to do to stop that from happening.
I went and put a service manual on order, they did not have one at the dealer.
Thanks,
Mark
I never disconnect the cables, or pull the fuse.
I just make sure not to turn the ignition on when working on the bike.
Pulled the tank several times and never had a problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts