Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had the bad firmware 1.20.2. Some times no sound. Sometimes radio won't start. So I dl the cvo update 1.20.3. Removed the _cvo from the file name and blamo!! Will let you know how it goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Works fine. I did it just for the heck of it bored winter day. It put the CVO splash screen on it . I think I am hearing things but it seems to sound better. I had never updated to 1.20.2 knowing the issue many had. 1.20.3 seems to work fine for me.

100_2147 by bob smith, on Flickr

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
I did the same thing. Fired right up and appears to work fine. Haven't had it out on the road, though. Effing snow is supposed to start melting Tuesday, and then mid-40's for a few days. Might see some bare pavement for the first time in a month!

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Ya know.... there's an app for that...

Sent from Note4 via TapaTalk
I know, but carrying my 7" tablet on the bike is a little inconvenient.

My smartphone is paid for by my employer. I can use it for personal use, but am limited to only approved APPs because of the security risk associated with downloading APPs from who knows where.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I wonder if doing that would get you the TPMS ability. Just put in the wheel sensors and golden?
I looked into this extensively. The BCM is a different part number. I would be willing to buy the BCM to make it work but I have a friend who is the service writer at a dealership and asked a few engineers at HD that he knows and they said it can not be made to work due to can bus, the speedometer needs to display the pressure??

I think HD is really missing out on some sales here. Personally I would be willing to pay $500 to add that feature to my bike. I know about FOBO but would prefer it integrated into the bike and able to display a warning on the infotainment screen?

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
I looked into this extensively. The BCM is a different part number. I would be willing to buy the BCM to make it work but I have a friend who is the service writer at a dealership and asked a few engineers at HD that he knows and they said it can not be made to work due to can bus, the speedometer needs to display the pressure??

I think HD is really missing out on some sales here. Personally I would be willing to pay $500 to add that feature to my bike. I know about FOBO but would prefer it integrated into the bike and able to display a warning on the infotainment screen?
My 2016 and 2017 both canbus. Look in the speed careful the display is in there even on non cvo bikes.
There is likely away to do it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
My 2016 and 2017 both canbus. Look in the speed careful the display is in there even on non cvo bikes.
There is likely away to do it.
I would love to be proved wrong, but I have asked everyone I could. Posted this exact question on a few forums and nobody has been able to come up with an answer.

Also the HD TPMS sensors wont fit the non CVO wheels (I'm sure that could be overcome)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
So what all is different about this update vs the 1.20.1 update? I haven't had any issues (yet) since I installed the 1.20.1 update on my 2015 RGS last fall, but if this CVO update adds features or better quality/control, then I'm all for it!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No. Nothing I've found so far over the splash screen. So I've been running 1.20.2 and it takes 10-15 seconds for sound? Something like that. Now, power and start!! Music is on before I back back the bike up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Just loaded 1.20.3 update, but haven't noticed any changes.
Sure wish they would improve the Nav system readiness. Start the bike & it takes almost 30 seconds before the Nav system is ready. Both of my cars are ready almost instantly, surely within 5 seconds. Just annoying if you hop on the sled & want to enter an address... you have to sit & wait for a very long time before the system is ready.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Subscribed to this and am very intrigued what the latest update that was just done to my bike a couple of weeks ago and if the cvo update is better ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts