Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
10,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my second stator went out on the Kentucky trip a couple weeks ago , on our long stop at the gas station in the middle of nowhere , I smelled it .. Had no issues getting home , changed the primary oil and it was black as coal with only 4000 miles on it , and stunk pretty bad ..

It's not dead yet , but if you ever had one go , they can do like mine did and burn bad and last for sometime before dying , or just die suddenly .. Not gonna wait ..

So have heard good things about the Cycle Electrics 50 amp kit , they claim much better low rpm charging than HD , and is a few dollars more than the HD kit , which you have to build from the pieces ..

Anyone here using the CE kit ?/

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Jack, I have a Cycle Electric Voltage Regulator and am very pleased with it.
I am thinking of going with the Cycle Electric Stator CE-8012 over the winter, just because.
I have heard nothing but great things about Cycle Electric so that's why I'm replacing my OEM Stator before I have a problem out in the middle of nowhere.
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I had one and the matching Regulator installed in mine when they did my motor. Doesn't skip a beat even at idle...

Reactions: Mike U

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
When I was rebuilding my 11 last winter, I found the connector from the stator to the regulator had a burned up pin. Charging had been a little off for over a year. I went with CEI for the replacements. Charges better now than it ever did before.

For these 09 on baggers, CEI redesigned the pins where the stator connects to the regulator. That's the most common point of failure. Bit hard to get them plunged in, but prevents them from burning out. And they use a more sophisticated circuit in the regulator. The oem regulator just dumps excess current to ground, making the stator work hard all the time.

A note of caution, if you run a Jagg oil cooler, you might have an issue mounting the CEI regulator

1 - 4 of 4 Posts