Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running this cam in their 114? I think I'm pretty much sold on the 22XE cam but wanted to see what anyone has to say about the 480.

·
Premium Member
2018 Road Glide Special-Wicked Red
1,140 Posts
I think that is a strong contender, look at Sheffer Performance, they show some decent results. For me, it was a toss up between the cr480 and ss475, FM didn't have much experience with the cr480 last year for maps.

Reactions: BH#103

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I talked to our peeps at Fuel Moto today and after discussing some things the consensus was the 22XE like I had planned to go with. After asking about the 480 I was told it was a good choice but the XE would have a broader useable range which I can definitely appreciate. So XE it is for Black Friday or Cyber Monday!

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I’d call Wes at Cycle-Rama and ask him after all he makes the cam….Wes is a world of knowledge

·
Premium Member
5,326 Posts
I have read great things about the cr480

I am a bit biased having the 22xe and don't think you will be disappointed at all. That being said, I don't think there's a bad one in the bunch. The cr480, rs468, tts cams, s&s and a whole host of others that we don't read a lot about on this forum.

Its a good time to be a 114 owner.

At the end of the day you have to pick one, I think that's a good choice BH

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just talked to Wes at Cycle Rama and he was saying that the 480 would be the top contender for what I want out of my bike. He stated that they cannot keep that cam in stock. Decisions decisions!

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Just talked to Wes at Cycle Rama and he was saying that the 480 would be the top contender for what I want out of my bike. He stated that they cannot keep that cam in stock. Decisions decisions!
Wes is a great guy , no lies , no bs , no hard sell. He has built several motors for me and I have always been happy with his advise and products.

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Talked to Alpha Performance Engines (A.P.E.) last night and they laid down a nice and simple answer for me between the 480 and their special 483 grind performance expectations on my 114 engine configuration. The 480 turns on the power band quicker and the 483 will carry it out longer. Looks like a 480 would be the winner for a heavier Ultra.

480 I’d expect 115-120hp 130ft lb

483 - 120+ hp 130+ ft lb

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's gonna be a long Winter now, CR480 is set to be delivered this week and will probably be done within the next month. Then I sit and wait for decent weather. This could potentially take forever waiting for Spring to show up.

·
Premium Member
2018 Road Glide Special-Wicked Red
1,140 Posts
It's gonna be a long Winter now, CR480 is set to be delivered this week and will probably be done within the next month. Then I sit and wait for decent weather. This could potentially take forever waiting for Spring to show up.
Especially with it going to be a strong runner. Better put some dressing on the seat so the pee beads off.

• Haha
Reactions: BH#103
1 - 16 of 16 Posts