Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Can anyone provide any input (pros & cons) on the Cycle Sound Double 6x9 Speaker Lids.? Lids only..Thx

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Cons are they are not 1-off lids LOL j/k..

Nice lids, tight sealing, prep is normal for paint.. Never seen one fail.. I prefer Fiberglass over plastic but that is personal.

Over all it is a good pricepoint, for a good product. Again I dont personally own it but have painted and installed them. havent had one come back or someone complain..

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
Hmmm let's see, Pros, they are nice, cons, I don't have them. :D So Q, anything you'd like to tell us? lol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
make sure you installs the seals correctly. I have the double ups and had to replace the seals with thicker ones to seal properly. I'm happy now!!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Q, I have them and have not had a problem with them. I had to redo the seal but it was operator error, nothing to do with manufacturing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dorman - Champ 3/4 Inch x 7/16 Inch PVC Sponge Foam Weather-strip
Part No. 9-1492 from Advance Auto Parts. I ordered a HD replacement then saw this and it was damn near the same thing so I returned the HD stuff. $30 bucks vs $10 bucks.

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
I see Yaffe has quad lids out that look like Cycle Sounds, wondering what the similarities and differences are, I know Yaffe usually = $$$$$, but it might be something to check. I'm poor so I paid $300 for the ones on e-bay. :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts