Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any dealings with Cycle Sounds? I am looking for some lids and see that they make lids and a system for it as well. Still on the fence as to what system I want to go with. Narrowed it down to Soundz Customs and Cycle sounds. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

AV

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Hit up Drew ^^^ for some HogTunes lids (unloaded) and put a quality 6x9 in them. Best single 6x9 lid on the market

·
Administrator
12,657 Posts
Are you going to install the system, or have someone do it for you? I've had Cycle Sound lids, they're good, but IMO there are better, such as the Hog Tunes.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I've got the cycle sound quad lids. No issues with them but probably moving away from them to something that will hold the JL 8.8 in the lid.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I've always heard good things about the Cyclesound lids but I can't say enough about my Hogtunes lids or my man Drew at Hogpro that sold them to me. Highly recommend.

·
Administrator
12,657 Posts
I will be installing it myself, or thats what I would like to do.
If you're DIY you can do much better than Soundz prices if that's the equipment you want. Sound quality, how loud, and budget have a lot to do on what you decide to go with. If your planning on spending the kind of money the Soundz systems cost, you have plenty of options. Do you want the amps in the fairing, or in the bags, how many speakers do you plan to have, how loud do you want your system to be....... all of these questions help with what will make you happy.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you're DIY you can do much better than Soundz prices if that's the equipment you want. Sound quality, how loud, and budget have a lot to do on what you decide to go with. If your planning on spending the kind of money the Soundz systems cost, you have plenty of options. Do you want the amps in the fairing, or in the bags, how many speakers do you plan to have, how loud do you want your system to be....... all of these questions help with what will make you happy.
So I would like to stay around a thousand minus the lids and run four speakers, two in the fairing and two in the lids. I would like to have the amp in the fairing and of coarse I want it as loud as possible with the space I have to work with. I would also need it to be plug and play as the wiring would be out of my comfort zone unless it came with some bad ass schematics, then I could wire it.

AV

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Easy to do minus the plug and play part unless you find a used Hawg Wired amp or something. Id find a used JL audio XD 400/4 and (4) infinity kappa speakers.

Just be prepared that lids are for parking lot Pimpin only. If you want louder music while riding put 2 speakers in your inner fairing

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Easy to do minus the plug and play part unless you find a used Hawg Wired amp or something. Id find a used JL audio XD 400/4 and (4) infinity kappa speakers.

Just be prepared that lids are for parking lot Pimpin only. If you want louder music while riding put 2 speakers in your inner fairing
I guess I have heard that more than once that you can't really get any better volume with lid speakers going 80 down the HWY. I am not opposed to going with upgraded speakers in my fairing and a amp. I just have to do something other than what I have (stock)...

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Use 4 6.5 rockford T165 in the fairing and a PBR 300x2. You will hear your music loud and clear at 80

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
So I would like to stay around a thousand minus the lids and run four speakers, two in the fairing and two in the lids. I would like to have the amp in the fairing and of coarse I want it as loud as possible with the space I have to work with. I would also need it to be plug and play as the wiring would be out of my comfort zone unless it came with some bad ass schematics, then I could wire it.

AV
Can definitely be done. I have a Memphis audio amp to alpine type r 6.5 in the fairing. Bought painted lids, a RF 300x4 amp and alpine type r 6x9. Including the lids I'm still under 1000. Probably throwing in an Alpine head unit that will put me a little over but my setup sounds better than most systems that are plug and play and cost double the money. It can be done. Patience, eBay, amazon and this forum and choppedbaggers.com.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts