Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with the cyclerama 575 cam? I am currently running the Wood 555 but want more torque. The Cyclerama cam only has a 22 overlap where the Wood 555 has a 40 overlap. From what I have heard the Cyclerama is a real torque monster..

My bike has a S&S 106 kit, Dan Vance Heads, the Woods Cams, SE adjustable pushrods, Woods roller lifters, Ness Big Sucker, Supertrapp 2-1 exhaust, Power Commander V with Auto Tune and the digital display.

I have dyno'd at 110 Hp and 110 Torque (had a Air/Fuel ratio issue down low, should be 115ish now)

I still think it has more torque in it but I want to maintain the relibility, thats why I am staying away from an aggressive cam.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Does anyone have experience with the cyclerama 575 cam? I am currently running the Wood 555 but want more torque. The Cyclerama cam only has a 22 overlap where the Wood 555 has a 40 overlap. From what I have heard the Cyclerama is a real torque monster..

My bike has a S&S 106 kit, Dan Vance Heads, the Woods Cams, SE adjustable pushrods, Woods roller lifters, Ness Big Sucker, Supertrapp 2-1 exhaust, Power Commander V with Auto Tune and the digital display.

I have dyno'd at 110 Hp and 110 Torque (had a Air/Fuel ratio issue down low, should be 115ish now)

I still think it has more torque in it but I want to maintain the relibility, thats why I am staying away from an aggressive cam.
I have it in a stock 103" bike it puts down ariund 105-110 i don't remember the exact numbers. It hit 100hp around 2300rpm. I have a tman 625 in my 107" bike it puts about 120hp/torque area, hits 100hp around 2200 rpm and carries to around 5500 rpm.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
1st-Do you have a dyno sheet for posting?

2nd-What is your Static compression? Those CR575 cams don't like more than 10.1/10.25.1 they will ping on higher compression motors.

3rd- What did Dan do for head work?

4th-Super trap does it have disc's? If so did you guys try to add more or less to see what the end HP/TQ would be?

·
Registered
325 Posts

Do you know what your ccp is currently? As Frank stated we need to know that before we can help you select a different cam set.

I'd wager your current build is probably too hot for the CR575 cams, they are more suited as a bolt in cam for a stock 103.

I used a set of CR575's in a customers '12 RGU 103 with a Supermeg, this bike runs great, it cracks 100 torque at 2200 and pulls strong to 5500.

I really like the Tman 625's, they come to the party early and stay late.

There are probably a dozen different cams that would work well in your application, check the compression, and post the current build dyno sheet, if you have it.

Daren

·
Registered
7 Posts
if you want more torque and are not happy with the 555 I would suggest the tman 555 or his 590 cams. both have great torque. anymore questions just ask. dsv

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1st-Do you have a dyno sheet for posting?

2nd-What is your Static compression? Those CR575 cams don't like more than 10.1/10.25.1 they will ping on higher compression motors.

3rd- What did Dan do for head work?

4th-Super trap does it have disc's? If so did you guys try to add more or less to see what the end HP/TQ would be?
Thanks everyone for the quick replies! I didnt get notification of the replies so I am a little behind with replying.

I have attached my dyno sheet. It got wet so its hard to read. you will be able to see that I the bike was REALLY rich until 3500 RPMS @100% throttle ( I have since corrected this) The bike was still rich for the rest of the pull and I have corrected that as well. I am now in the 13.3 range for AFR.

I am running the S&S 106 with a .30 cometic mls head gasket. We figured it around 10.25 - 10.5

I spoke to Dan and he is checking his notes. I have the 1.9 valves but I have a feeling he set the springs up for the woods 555's, this leads me to believe I can only go to a 575 cam.... I am waiting on him to get back to me after he checks his notes, I am hoping I can go to a 625 lift cam.

I like the Cyclerama 575 for a couple reasons.... I like the overlap, my buddy runs them with a similar setup as me (tman heads) and his bike builds gobs of torque. I want to keep it extremely reliable, that is why i shied away from a big cam in the first place... I just think I have more torque in it.

I am running 15 discs in the supertrapp with the open competition end. I have experimented extensively with this, both open and closed end. the 15 with open seems to work the best.

Thanks for the ideas!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I had the Cycle Rama 575 cams in my bike , I really liked them and they worked well , when I did my head work later we bumped the compression to much and couldn't tune the pinging out , that's when I found out 10:5 was to much , I switched to the T Mann 600 cams and have been very happy

·
Registered
27 Posts
ran the CR 575 in a 107. 117HP and 123TQ. great response.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Bike was built by Wes Brown at Cycle Rama. Call him. Great guy. He also built my 124. Both motors are reliable and streetable, with plenty of power. I would still have the 107 but twisted the crank. Spend money on lower end if you like to play with the power.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts