Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'll start by saying the intent here isn't to trash the product consider this more of an FYI if you're considering them.

I've had mine on my bike for about 2 months now and I've probably ridden about 10 times. I live in a humid environment (swampy area) and as I was washing the bike I noticed that the rivets on the boards are starting to rust! Now I understand that I'm not the king of clean but FFS these shouldn't be rusting this soon!

So note to anyone who's interested... Get the all rubber version or better yet save your money and buy something made with quality materials. FWIW I'll be calling them Monday to discuss this rusting issue.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
66 Posts
FYI...
I've been running the 19" boards for two years and a lot of miles. No rivets, not a single problem. The quality is very good, these are solid boards for the cost.

I'd be pissed if my boards were rusting though

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
While you have them on the phone ask them if you can put new pads on these things. I have the XLs and I have a habbit of putting my boot heel in the same spot and they are starting to wear a little. They do have quite a few miles on them but not a ton. I do love the boards.

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
I have the XL's with the shift pegs and brake pad and probably have over 10k on them with no complaints just the normal wear. I would buy again and would recommend them to anyone. I hope they take care of your issue

·
Registered
53 Posts
So, what was your outcome with the rivet issue? I'm looking agh a set of these boards for my shark.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, what was your outcome with the rivet issue? I'm looking agh a set of these boards for my shark.
I never made the call, but I was able to clean them up. I love the boards but changing out to something a little wider in the front.

·
Registered
490 Posts
anybody got pics of these boards with lowers? Do the large boards fit with lowers? I dig the look but I also have the harley goodies floorboard extensions and lowers, not sure the big boards would fit...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts