Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hard Plastic! (molded TPO?) now I get it!
I got the "Kit" but w/no amp. I'm gonna use my Hawg-Wired Dblsht Amp.to power the 6x9 speakers, 150 watt 2-channel
Ordering a Hawg-Wired 4-channel 300 watt amp for the 4 Speakers in my Fairing.
I'm also buyn the Hawg-Wired "Tweeter Grills"
Holes are already drilled in the lids for the latches so, should b pretty simple, besides runin the wires and finding room underneath the fairing for the amps.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I just had a pair of those come in yesterday to paint Vivid Black for a guy up in Oregon

btw, do your lids smell like propane? I was looking all over for a propane leak till I discovered it was the TPO plastic that smelled, very odd
Wonder if they're still off gassing something from the manufacturing process, Mike? Would sure suck azz to paint them, and then have it bubble up!:eek:

Jeff

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Hard Plastic! (molded TPO?) now I get it!
I got the "Kit" but w/no amp. I'm gonna use my Hawg-Wired Dblsht Amp.to power the 6x9 speakers, 150 watt 2-channel
Ordering a Hawg-Wired 4-channel 300 watt amp for the 4 Speakers in my Fairing.
I'm also buyn the Hawg-Wired "Tweeter Grills"
Found this video when I was researching a used 2008 sharknose I ended up buying. Mine came with just the standard 150amp/2 speaker kit. Can't imagine what your setup will sound like when you're finished.

Hope you make a similar video so we can all hear you system...from hundreds of miles away. But maybe...just maybe...some will be able to hear your tunes real-time from a mile or so!?! :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azSqJSxdmfM

UPDATE: I was just viewing video again and I noticed Neano had already commented on it...a year ago. Sorry if this is a re-tread video, but I guess great minds think alike...mine's just a whee-bit slower.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Wonder if they're still off gassing something from the manufacturing process, Mike? Would sure suck azz to paint them, and then have it bubble up!:eek:

Jeff
thats what I am worried about Jeff, they seem to sand up nice without a lot of build up on the paper which is promising, I will use a plastic adhesion promoter wipe on them before epoxy primer for sure.
They were pretty slimey with mold release agent when they came out of the box as well...its all in the prep! ;)

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just had a pair of those come in yesterday to paint Vivid Black for a guy up in Oregon

btw, do your lids smell like propane? I was looking all over for a propane leak till I discovered it was the TPO plastic that smelled, very odd
Never caught no Propane smell man. But then again, I aint caught to many smells this week, due to a freakn stuffy nose!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats what I am worried about Jeff, they seem to sand up nice without a lot of build up on the paper which is promising, I will use a plastic adhesion promoter wipe on them before epoxy primer for sure.
They were pretty slimey with mold release agent when they came out of the box as well...its all in the prep! ;)
Hay Roadhawg,
I met w/painter this morn.,and he qouted things that you've said.
On these lids he also pointed out the edges,qoute"You cant have none of that!" He made comments about the way the edges are real rough, and that all had to sanded smooth.
Hes a 62 year old man, and has had a body shop all his life, up until recently. He used to do a ton of work for Cincy H.D., until the "New Owner" didnt pay him for a job that he did, so he said up yours, basicly and well u-no.
He qouted me $1200.00 for the whole job, Bag Lids, Front Fender, Inner Fairing, Low Profile Dash, and repair my Rear Fender, also touch up a couple spots on my bags. I felt pretty good about it and decided to go ahead a let him have the job!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts