Road Glide banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who recently purchased a used Fatcat off an 09. I just purchased the same pipe from a 13. I am running a Thundermax so will need to add the 18mm bungs to my head pipe. Could I swap head pipes with him since the 09 should have the 18mm bungs or will the bungs being that low down the pipe cause me issues?

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
If were me, I would order the bungs and wield them about 3"s from the heads where they will get you a proper reading. Most good muffler shops will have the bungs you need in stock. Easy to wield in and they don't really show.

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
Gris.. that what I did to the fatcat I brought for '12 a couple years ago to use with the Tmax. I a Brought a set of angled bungs and welded it on. Just make sure you placed them in the right spot and angled correctly and it won't interfere with the mounting on the heat shield.

·
Registered
7,454 Posts
The 09 head pipes will work fine and you don't need to do any welding on them which is a bonus. The O2 sensor location in the 09 headpipes will not matter because you WILL NOT use your OEM 02 sensor wiring harness anyways because you will be using the 02 wiring harness supplied by T-Max.
Bottom line is use the 09 headpipes ;)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 09 head pipes will work fine and you don't need to do any welding on them which is a bonus. The O2 sensor location in the 09 headpipes will not matter because you WILL NOT use your OEM 02 sensor wiring harness anyways because you will be using the 02 wiring harness supplied by T-Max.
Bottom line is use the 09 headpipes ;)
Will the sensor hole location being further from the tip of the header cause any issues? I know on my rineharts the 18mm hole is only 3-4" from the tip. The t-max 18mm sensor lines should have plenty of extra length if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
7,454 Posts
No it won't make any difference. If memory serves me right (kinda iffy at my age) the 09 02 sensors are pretty close to the cylinder heads anyways. The closer to the heads the 02 sensor are the better but they will work just fine in the 09 headpipes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.