Road Glide banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Be cautious of this insurance. I purchased a 2009 RG in April of this year. I have always used Progressive for all vehicles and had good luck with them. When I bought the bike, the dealer told me to try dairyland to see if they could get me a better rate. They did. Over 300 less per yr than Progressive. However, this did not include underinsured motorists. I was OK with that, but evidently, there was paperwork to sign that I never got and they ended up adding an additional 500 dollars to the policy. I did not know this until the Insurance was cancelled at the end of July. I am thankful that it wasnt cancelled sooner because I was in an accident on 7-11-11. The bike was taken to the local Harley dealer and an adjuster went out quickly. Actually too quickly because she made an assessment of damages before the dealer created an estimate. She estimated that the bike had 3200 dollars of damages. The dealer came up with an estimate of 6800. A check was mailed to me for 3200, but I did not turn it over to the dealer until I was sure that things were cleared. The adjuster went back to the dealer in August, told the service guy that she would Authorize the additional claims. The dealer began working on the bike. As I write this, my bike sits at the HD dealer. I have healed from the wreck quicker than the bike. There has been no additional check made to the dealer. I called the central office. I was told that there was no record of the adjuster ever going back there. I learned that DL hires contractors to perform local adjustments and they could not get in touch with her. I hope they straighten it out, but I felt justified in letting the public know my situation to this point. I will keep this updated as the story progresses.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts