Road Glide banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· HD Parts Expert
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys have dakota digital gauges in red on your glides? I ordered a set along with an air pressure gauge for my ride. Just wanted to see some pics on a road glide. My dad has them on his 2006 CVO Ultra

· HD Parts Expert
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My dad loves his on his Ultra. He got pissed when about a month after we installed his they came out with plug and play LOL.

The speedo being programmable is nice too since I have a trans pully change in the works as well

· Registered
588 Posts
Any of you guys have dakota digital gauges in red on your glides? I ordered a set along with an air pressure gauge for my ride. Just wanted to see some pics on a road glide. My dad has them on his 2006 CVO Ultra
If you dont mind me asking...... DId you wind up paying the 1200 bucks that everyone wants for the set or did you find them cheaper somewhere else?

· Registered
7,583 Posts
Sure Do and I love them on my 08 here are some pics , some of the # do not show right because of the camera angle , but trust me all the lights work great .

Attachments

· Registered
116 Posts
PC pain... I got a guy here that is selling his gauges. let me get with him and see what I can find there red and about 6 months old. he would prob let them go for about 800. Give a day, ill call him now.

· Registered
7,583 Posts
IF you buy a set of used Dakota Digital gauges the odometer cannot be reset unless you send them back to the factory . The mileage may become a issue when doing warranty work on your bike . Remember every time you take the bike into a HD dealer for service the mileage is recorded . You can only set the odometer on a Dakota Digital when it is a new gauge and only in the first 100 miles .

· HD Parts Expert
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
PC pain... I got a guy here that is selling his gauges. let me get with him and see what I can find there red and about 6 months old. he would prob let them go for about 800. Give a day, ill call him now.
Thanks for the offer man but I think for another 100-200$ I'll just get them new. Besides there already sitting in my office waiting for me to pay for them LOL

· Registered
116 Posts
HAHA.. Thats cool man.. ya Im prob going to order those.. that or do the harmon ipod sterio and also do the same saddle bag set-up on the CVO's for my ipod.. IDK which yet

· Registered
3,265 Posts
I'm thinkn to update w/these or Spun Aluminum that was in the 2009 FLTRSE3.
Anybody got anymore input? Mayb was bought for you from Santa. They aint cheap but are they made in China?
Are the Spun Aluminum gauges made in the U.S.A?

· Registered
659 Posts
Before you spend the bucks on the Dakota there is a new company Medallion Motorcycle Gauges out selling gauges for HD's and they have several different faces, Saw them all over Daytona

JP Sells them, Kuryakyn, and several other vendors, they are made by the company that makes the big CAT gauges, high quality and they have LED screen on speedo with a gear indicator service interval set, lots of options to setup the gauge, and what's really cool is you can move gauges around and they learn from the signal and work.

So you can put the fuel gauge in the stock place where it belongs or over on the other side, etc. Also you get a oil temp gauge, service reminder... You can program your mileage on the day you get it. All Digital with analog look and LEDs.

Click here for you tube video

Kuryakyn Link

These truely are plug n play and they have a lot of neat designs, I like the all white Autometer racing look.. If I hadn't just done the LED convesion...

$795 a full set, your choice full price at JP, call any Kuryakyn dealer and get a discount
Try my buddy Phil at California Phils in Concordia KS, he was with me for a couple of days in Daytona
and we were looking at them... www.harleypartscheap.com he should be able to help you
or any indy dealer that sells Kuryakyn.

Here is a close up of the speedo with the LED

· HD Parts Expert
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Before you spend the bucks on the Dakota there is a new company Medallion Motorcycle Gauges out selling gauges for HD's and they have several different faces, Saw them all over Daytona

JP Sells them, Kuryakyn, and several other vendors, they are made by the company that makes the big CAT gauges, high quality and they have LED screen on speedo with a gear indicator service interval set, lots of options to setup the gauge, and what's really cool is you can move gauges around and they learn from the signal and work.

So you can put the fuel gauge in the stock place where it belongs or over on the other side, etc. Also you get a oil temp gauge, service reminder... You can program your mileage on the day you get it. All Digital with analog look and LEDs.

Click here for you tube video

Kuryakyn Link

These truely are plug n play and they have a lot of neat designs, I like the all white Autometer racing look.. If I hadn't just done the LED convesion...

$795 a full set, your choice full price at JP, call any Kuryakyn dealer and get a discount
Try my buddy Phil at California Phils in Concordia KS, he was with me for a couple of days in Daytona
and we were looking at them... www.harleypartscheap.com he should be able to help you
or any indy dealer that sells Kuryakyn.

Here is a close up of the speedo with the LED

Installed a set of the American flag gauges on a customers bike about a week or two ago. They looked good with his Patriotic theme of his bike and he said they were really really nice gauges after he got some time on the road with them.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.