Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. The new gauges are amazing! I love them. Look great and easy to quickly read the information without being a distraction.

However .... everything is great except the clock under the tach is off by 6 hours. And I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the clock. Even went into the ECU to see if the time comes from there. Nope ...

I'm sure it's easy as can be, but I'm lost. Any help??

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
It should be in the instructions. I have the DD in my 08 and I have to use the trip meter button to set all the DD functions. My DD gauge is different than yours, I use the MCL 3006 gauges.

Reactions: direwolf

·
Registered
95 Posts
OK. The new gauges are amazing! I love them. Look great and easy to quickly read the information without being a distraction.

However .... everything is great except the clock under the tach is off by 6 hours. And I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the clock. Even went into the ECU to see if the time comes from there. Nope ...

I'm sure it's easy as can be, but I'm lost. Any help??
I just ordered a set for my 17 RGS. On backorder so I have to wait another week or 2 but I got a hell of a deal so worth the wait.

From the online pdf instructions.
Clock Setting
 Begin with the key on and gauges operating.
 While holding the info switch, press and release the trip switch until the clock is displayed underneath the
tachometer.
 With the clock displayed, press and hold both the info switch and the trip switch until the hours begin flashing.
 With the hours flashing, press and release the trip switch to change the hours. Press and hold the trip switch to
adjust the minutes.
 The minutes will begin flashing. Press and release the trip switch to change the minutes. Press and hold the trip
switch to end the clock setup.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just ordered a set for my 17 RGS. On backorder so I have to wait another week or 2 but I got a hell of a deal so worth the wait.

So where did you get this killer deal?? How much?
What he said^^^
https://www.easternperformance.com/dakota-digital-blue-replacement-gauges-for-harley-flh-x-14.html 7 bills... they are listed as out of stock so I had to call to make the order. I emailed Dakota and they are coming back in stock next week. So won't be long after. Eastern Performance has been my go to for some of the best prices, in stock items I usually get free shipping, no tax and 3 day delivery.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
That is where I got mine for my 12... I will order from them again for the 18... I just wanted to make sure you didn't find a better deal somewhere else...

·
Registered
95 Posts
That is where I got mine for my 12... I will order from them again for the 18... I just wanted to make sure you didn't find a better deal somewhere else...
If you call they can do a little better (hint), that goes for almost everything. :smile:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also ordered mine from there at the same price. I LOVE THEM!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

From the online pdf instructions.
Clock Setting
 Begin with the key on and gauges operating.
 While holding the info switch, press and release the trip switch until the clock is displayed underneath the
tachometer.
 With the clock displayed, press and hold both the info switch and the trip switch until the hours begin flashing.
 With the hours flashing, press and release the trip switch to change the hours. Press and hold the trip switch to
adjust the minutes.
 The minutes will begin flashing. Press and release the trip switch to change the minutes. Press and hold the trip
switch to end the clock setup.
I should have replied back when I left the post. It was too obvious!

Just a heads up for anyone installing these gauges. The connection on the main pod is in a different location than the stock gauges. This made for a little bit of a tight connection. I should have cut come ties and re-routed the main connector. I started having problems with my signals. After re-routing a bit, I've had ZERO problems!

Love these things!

Reactions: Live2Ride
1 - 11 of 11 Posts