Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
@cpbedor @RogersRGU How hard was the install? I've been looking at these for about a year and haven't pulled the trigger, but after seeing these, I might do it tomorrow. Ever regret changing to the digital over the analog? Thanks!

·
Registered
155 Posts
The install wasn’t terrible Speedo/tach are easy, routing the oil temp line and getting it in is easy. The top gauges were a pain for me but that’s my own fault— I have the fairing full of amps and wiring. Pull the speaker pods off and two screws to pull the vents. You’ll need about a 9” extension with a T25 bit on the end but after that, simple. Important to know that you DO have to route two little wires from the top gauges back through the neck and up to the Speedo. This took me just under 40 seconds to accomplish and I have a TON of wires going through that channel. It’s a couple hours of taking your time realistically.
Appreciate it. Yeah my fairing isn't so full of audio wiring yet, as that's next on the list. lol Never.ending.money.pit..
No regrets even though sometimes when the sun's at right angle behind me it washs out the display for a little time, show alot more info and the color schemes are great to change to what I like at the time
I thought I saw somewhere that you could set the auto-dimming or something like that so where the sun hits it directly it will turn the background white so you could see it better. Have you tried that?

Thanks for the info man.

·
Registered
155 Posts
DAMMIT, this forum keeps costing me money! Been eyeing these for months, pulled the trigger.
Hahaha, I can only laugh with you, as I just pulled the trigger and purchased mine. Be here Monday.

Freakin’ money pits they are.. Just.don’t.know.how.to.stop..

Sent one-handed from my iPhone using Tapatalk, disregard the ducking typos.

·
Registered
155 Posts
View attachment 423454

This is what I have for now I play with colors at different times to see what I like better
Keep changing them and mark what you like at different riding
RogersRGU,

If you don’t mind me asking, but what is that contraption up by your windshield? Also, does it still allow the air to come through the vent? Thanks!

Sent one-handed from my iPhone using Tapatalk, disregard the ducking typos.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Install was straightforward, if you can remove your outer fairing, you can handle this job. Only advice is the instructions tell you to remove the speaker pods and the vents. It is not necessary to remove the speaker pods, so save yourself a step. The vent boxes allow access to the lower mounting screw. Here's the pics, it happened lol. I circled the feature I'm looking forward to testing. View attachment 423940 View attachment 423941
Nice job man. The guy fubar'd my order last week, so I paid for it, but it didn't get ordered through the distributor.. smdh I was just able to pick them up on Wednesday and have a cam job/Dyno tuning happening on Mon/Tues, which I am going to have them install the oil sensor as I am going to have them refill all three holes while there. Once they finish I will install afterwards, as the temp will be back up into the 50°'s, as I don't have heating in my shed with the bike.

Are you going to set your miles or leave at 0? I'll put back to actual mileage.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I was actually just thinking of changing out to LED lighting in the OEM, but like the DD ones better. However, yes this post got me off my @$$ to do it! LOL

·
Registered
155 Posts
Me too. But with new extended shift and brake levers, a new seat, stereo upgrade done, a windshield arriving today and bars waiting to go on, I think I’m done for upgrades for this off season. Maybe next year?
My bank account says I need to also, however, dropped it off to have camshafts/bearings, pushrods and lifters replaced as scheduled for this off-season. Going to have the guy put in my DD oil sensor, since I am going to just have him replace all three holes while it's there. But I am wanting to put a better stereo in it, so it may have to wait for next off-season as the DD was not a planned purchase for either season! 🤣😂

Reactions: scooper321

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well I got the scoot back from the shop after changing out the cams, pushrods, lifters and a dyno, so will start on the DD's tomorrow morning, along with a few other things. I can't wait. I hope I can get it all done tomorrow. lol If not, oh well since rain is still in the damn forecast.

Reactions: scooper321
1 - 8 of 8 Posts