Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well I got the scoot back from the shop after changing out the cams, pushrods, lifters and a dyno, so will start on the DD's tomorrow morning, along with a few other things. I can't wait. I hope I can get it all done tomorrow. lol If not, oh well since rain is still in the damn forecast.

Reactions: scooper321

·
Registered
2021 RGS
601 Posts
Can anyone with these gauges help me out? I finally got some good weather and got a bunch of miles on all the winter mods. Got the hang of most of the features of my gauges, got the colors set etc. I can't for the life of me figure out how to use the performance features, specifically, the 0-60 feature. I would imagine there is a way to start it but right now it says 25.5 seconds, which is what it read from the bike running on the lift. And I know, my 0-60 is much faster than that lol.

I've searched online, and it almost is like the feature is there, but they are afraid to tell you how to use it.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
jchar27: Do you have your original booklet / manual which came with the gauges? If the information isn’t in there, I would simply call Dakota Digital and ask for tech support. I haven’t set this up on my gauges yet.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
25.5 seconds? Bro we should race for pink slips!! I have the same issue, I don’t know how to set it up, I assumed it was automatic but perhaps not. Please post your findings. I also found my gear indicator flipping all over the place when I was riding the other day. I only have about 50 miles on the new gauges so I too may need to place a call to Dakota. My current setting is the “stock HD” (not trike) and I did not choose to use the learn feature. Good luck on your 0-60 times!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Can anyone with these gauges help me out? I finally got some good weather and got a bunch of miles on all the winter mods. Got the hang of most of the features of my gauges, got the colors set etc. I can't for the life of me figure out how to use the performance features, specifically, the 0-60 feature. I would imagine there is a way to start it but right now it says 25.5 seconds, which is what it read from the bike running on the lift. And I know, my 0-60 is much faster than that lol.

I've searched online, and it almost is like the feature is there, but they are afraid to tell you how to use it.

Any help would be appreciated.
It’s really just a matter of having the desired message line active and then holding down on the trip reset and continue holding through the “move line”until you see the clear line. In the video I am holding down and releasing to move from each of the text areas until I finally get back to the 0 to 60 and this time I simply continue holding it down. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 RGS
601 Posts
It’s really just a matter of having the desired message line active and then holding down on the trip reset and continue holding through the “move line”until you see the clear line. In the video I am holding down and releasing to move from each of the text areas until I finally get back to the 0 to 60 and this time I simply continue holding it down. Hope this helps.

Thanks, makes sense. I wasn't holding it down all the way, so it kept moving sections.

·
Registered
2020 H-D FLTRX Road Glide
987 Posts
What about resetting via the app? The MLX gauges are Bluetooth.
Just wondering since I’m thinking of getting a set.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I know that this is a older thread, but for those that have installed them on the newer bikes, how do you like them? Still happy? Any issues?

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
I know that this is a older thread, but for those that have installed them on the newer bikes, how do you like them? Still happy? Any issues?
Honestly....I like them even better today than I did when first installed. I think that's because it took me a while to get them set/programmed correctly and understand the scrolling system (on the bike) vs the app. I absolutely would/will do them again on a future bike.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Honestly....I like them even better today than I did when first installed. I think that's because it took me a while to get them set/programmed correctly and understand the scrolling system (on the bike) vs the app. I absolutely would/will do them again on a future bike.
Thanks for the info, After much research, trigger pulled. Dennis Kirk had them in stock and at 5% off.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Thanks for the info, After much research, trigger pulled. Dennis Kirk had them in stock and at 5% off.
Congratulations. Let us know if you have questions. Several good videos can be found on Ytube. The printed instructions are basically 95% straightforward, with a little interpretation required here and there. Plan a day without interruptions and take your time.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Congratulations. Let us know if you have questions. Several good videos can be found on Ytube. The printed instructions are basically 95% straightforward, with a little interpretation required here and there. Plan a day without interruptions and take your time.
Thanks. I’m an information junkie, watched a few good install & set up videos. Read and reread the install and instructions several times. Being a progressive tool & die maker by trade, I’m anal like that. Plus I can twist a wrench pretty good. I’ll post pics after the install. Thanks again.

Reactions: StoneTrekker

·
Registered
37 Posts
I agree with @StoneTrekker ; After having them on my 2020 and riding with them almost 70K, I’ve become quite accustomed to changing what info I see and where based on the ride (local, LD, IBA, etc). And overall clarity for me -aging eyes - is much better, even at a glance.
I’m sure you’ll not have any issues with install and you’ll come to appreciate them the more you use them once installed!!
Let us know what you think!

·
Registered
2019 Road Glide Special - FLTRXS - Billiard Blue
56 Posts
Thanks. I’m an information junkie, watched a few good install & set up videos. Read and reread the install and instructions several times. Being a progressive tool & die maker by trade, I’m anal like that. Plus I can twist a wrench pretty good. I’ll post pics after the install. Thanks again.
Congrats, I installed them a couple of months ago and I've enjoyed them a lot and would not hesitate to install on a future bike as well... Enjoy...

61 - 80 of 93 Posts