Road Glide banner
81 - 93 of 93 Posts

· Premium Member
6,810 Posts
Hello Shark Tank,

I just added the Dakota Digital gauges this weekend and the color options are overwhelming. I’m wondering if anyone that has these would post a pic of your colors and layout etc. Just trying to get an idea of what colors have worked for others. I’ll attach a pic of what I came up with in 10 minutes of trying. Not sure I like it.
Man that looks fantastic 👍🏻

· Registered
2019 Road Glide Special - FLTRXS - Billiard Blue
56 Posts
You can setup and save profiles and swap around… I have been in contact with DD on getting their app updated, its almost 3 years old… I took it all the way up to their CEO as I was getting the run around, so apparently it’s getting worked on and should have an update to fix some bigs I reported as well as getting some new features in… Here is my current set-up…:

Speedometer Trip computer Car Motor vehicle Light

Some of the color changes you can only do from the bike, that is one of the bugs I reported...

· Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Admittedly I haven’t spent a ton of time messing with mine but I can’t seem to get the clock to stay set. I’ll set it and then it seems to change. Currently it’s about 51 minutes off and I have no idea why. The other issue I have with mine relates to the gear reading. Because I have different sprockets on my bike, the gear indicator does not jive with the standard HD six speed. Not that I need to know what gear I’m in when I look at my Speedo but it would be nice to have it accurate. I know there’s a process to train the gauges but it seems like a pain so I’ve not even tried. Guess that’s all on me, not Dakota Digital.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
8,388 Posts
Admittedly I haven’t spent a ton of time messing with mine but I can’t seem to get the clock to stay set. I’ll set it and then it seems to change. Currently it’s about 51 minutes off and I have no idea why. The other issue I have with mine relates to the gear reading. Because I have different sprockets on my bike, the gear indicator does not jive with the standard HD six speed. Not that I need to know what gear I’m in when I look at my Speedo but it would be nice to have it accurate. I know there’s a process to train the gauges but it seems like a pain so I’ve not even tried. Guess that’s all on me, not Dakota Digital.

Not saying this is the issue, but check to see if the clock setting in your infotainment center is set to your time zone and not to gps setting. I had an issue at first and found the time zone was on gps, this was many years ago, but. With that being stated, it was off by even hours, yours not, so not sure, but worth a check.

· Registered
56 Posts

As FLTRXS20 mentioned, the date and time is actually read from the infotainment so once you set it there it should display on the gauges correctly... As far as the gear issue, the training procedure is mostly for the trikes, but you might need to do it if you have non-standard equipment. I would double check with DD on this as I too thought at the beginning my bike needed to be trained as noted on the documentation, but after a call with DD they confirmed it is only needed on the trikes...

· Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
I don’t run infotainment, I have a Sony in the dash and I definitely need to run the programming for my gears. The do not align due to some gearing mods. I’ll give programming a try and see if it holds. I’d love to have a success story

· Premium Member
2,018 Posts
I don’t run infotainment, I have a Sony in the dash and I definitely need to run the programming for my gears. The do not align due to some gearing mods. I’ll give programming a try and see if it holds. I’d love to have a success story

When you take the bike out to have the DD gauges 'learn' your gears, you'll be riding rather moderately in each gear until the gauge tells you to shift. You need to be on a fairly long straight stretch of road with little traffic. A 4-lane is best and if possible have a car follow you so you don't get run over from behind. You'll run approx 20 seconds of constant speed in each gear, so a couple minutes or so of constrained riding should do it.

· Registered
56 Posts

Does the Sony have a time setting? If so the Sony might save it to the ECM which in turn will sync with the gauges... I'd hate to think that you need the Harley Infotainment to drive the time option on the gauges, you might need to contact DD for clarification...

· Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
After complaining about it all year, I finally took the time to do the transmission/gear learning process. I wish I’d have tried sooner, it was very easy and now my little gear indicator works on the gauges. It’s not that I needed to see what gear I was in, I just got annoyed that it was always showing incorrectly on the display. Problem solved and far less difficult than i thought it would be.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts