Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, just need some thoughts on Dakota digital guages? has anyone had any experience with them? I got a really great price on a set MCL-3006-OT they are the blue guages, been looking for a while but it seems that everyone had a different price. During Daytona they had a booth and were selling the complete set for 1299, now after searching all over I found a reputable dealer that is 400 dollars less than anyone, the install is plug and play so im not concerned with the labor. My other choice of guages were a set of white HID harley CVO guages in titanium, the dealer said he ordered a set and the guy never came to pick them up and they would charge me 10 percent over cost really not a bad price 375 for all 6 guages, I really like the cool blue in the lights so I contacted the guy who does the blue leds in the speedos and tachs he wanted 115 each so 230 plus the 375 is almost the same price as the Dakota set, just a little help on the decision so any input I would appreciatte:confused:

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
I dont have em for my bike yet but my husband has had it on his bike for about a year or longer, granted it is a RK but he hasnt had any issues at all.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
I've got a friend with them, they look great and he loves them. I think what your describing sounds pretty good.

·
0 Posts
I had the original (Teal) Dakota Digital gauges on my 03 Road Glide & loved them except they were hard to see in direct sunlight. Then they came out with the dark blue & red which you can see when the sun is intense over your shoulder. So I switched my old ones out for the new blue ones & really like them - so much I got a set of red ones for my 09 Street Glide. I like them because I can glance at them real quick & get all the info faster than looking for the needle & where its at. I got them on E-Bay for 870.00 & 925.00

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks 113 I got the guages today in Blue having them installes tomorrow, looking forward to it. I bought them off e bay brand new for 799, did a little bargaining and it worked out:)

·
Registered
6,934 Posts
Hi All, just need some thoughts on Dakota digital guages? has anyone had any experience with them? I got a really great price on a set MCL-3006-OT they are the blue guages, been looking for a while but it seems that everyone had a different price. During Daytona they had a booth and were selling the complete set for 1299, now after searching all over I found a reputable dealer that is 400 dollars less than anyone, the install is plug and play so im not concerned with the labor. My other choice of guages were a set of white HID harley CVO guages in titanium, the dealer said he ordered a set and the guy never came to pick them up and they would charge me 10 percent over cost really not a bad price 375 for all 6 guages, I really like the cool blue in the lights so I contacted the guy who does the blue leds in the speedos and tachs he wanted 115 each so 230 plus the 375 is almost the same price as the Dakota set, just a little help on the decision so any input I would appreciatte:confused:
I got the blue ones back in July and love them; they really stand out a night. There are dif settings you can select so I checked with a HD tech and set them up for warnings at the proper low settings. There is also 3 levels you can select for the tach response. On mine the tach was set at the first level which was a slower response; I changed it to the 2nd level which worked better for me to have the tach respond just a bit faster when a bit quicker on the throttle. Suggest just reading the settings you can set for your liking. The nice thing about it, the settings are easy to change.

One big thing to keep in mind, you only have the first 100 miles to set you milage on the bike to reflect proper milage. After the first 100 miles, it locks in and you can not change it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts