Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
I'll have to watch the whole thing tonight after work. Amazes me that a bike can make it during the summer but the show "Ice Road Truckers" "Season" is only a few months long to get all that freight up north.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Check out the video Alaskapade by Shrug.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shrug has a great video. This is the Dalton, the weather forcast kept him from this piece of road and from this video it was a good decision I would think. Looks like some of roads south of fairbanks that have outstanding beauty.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Shrug has a great video. This is the Dalton, the weather forcast kept him from this piece of road and from this video it was a good decision I would think. Looks like some of roads south of fairbanks that have outstanding beauty.
Actually, I got to Coldfoot Camp, a couple of hours north of the Arctic Circle. My last minute goal was to get to Dead Horse. I turned back at Coldfoot when the oil workers from Dead Horse were being dropped of there because of weather.

This guy's video is really good!
Takes me back.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I'll have to watch the whole thing tonight after work. Amazes me that a bike can make it during the summer but the show "Ice Road Truckers" "Season" is only a few months long to get all that freight up north.
The trucks run the road 365 days a year, there is no "season". It's not even an ice road in the true sense. Winter is just a better time to haul really heavy shit, as the road bed is frozen solid, and no soft spots/mud to worry about. I can barely stand to watch the show. They should call it Ice Road Drama Queens, IMO.

The dude in the video had some footage! He navigated some pretty crappy conditions.

Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts