Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here it goes, a few months back I had a lifter that was making a racket on start up, its a 2011 fltrx with a 96inch motor FYI, I did new feuling lifters,cams and screaming eagle adjustable pushrods, everything was great, now the noise is back with a vengeance, I was told by a mechanic in laconia that he had the same thing and it was a cracked rocker, I thought those made the same noise all the time, this is really loud on start up and then you can hear it but not as loud. I can hear it from the rear rocker cover loud and clear,clacking like hell,on heavy accel becomes more pronounced, another mech told be its a bad lifter, how can that be I just put in a brand new set,i have my reservations on that. Any input would be greatly appreciated right now im even wondering could an adjustable push rod gotten loose and backed down, needless to say I am freaking boiling! I need help anyone?:mad::mad:

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
I is easy to tell if it is a cracked rocker all you need to do is take the rocker cover off and take a look.
The rockers are pretty well made so it is unlikely a rocker. I would look at the lifter or the pushrods first.
I have heard of Fueling lifters having problems.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow really I thought feuling lifters were a good solid company that's why I went with there lifters and cams, I guess I will check the pushrod adjustment and if its good I will have to look into another set of lifters maybe S&S.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I would recommend S&S Premium Lifters ~ since 1959 ~ S&S stands behind their products and is one of the few companies that will pay labor on their products. Just my .02...

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah im gonna def check the adjustment because the install was only done in march and has less than 2k on it,i would be pretty disappointed if thoses lifters failed they were recom to me by a local indy bike shop.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any other advice for lifters besides S&S , just wondering, do I need the top of the line S&S or there base model lifters? I hear some bad info on jims.:confused:

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Any other advice for lifters besides S&S , just wondering, do I need the top of the line S&S or there base model lifters? I hear some bad info on jims.:confused:
You know you only hear bad thing about products, nobody post anything until they have a problem.
I would say the regular lifters would work OK unless you have a big build in your bike.
Did you check the lifters and pushrods yet??

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
You might want to look at the compensator. Noises are hard to diagnose exactly where they are coming from.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I looked at that last time when my stock lifter failed at 11k,this was done to resolve that issue as well as bumping up my cams,and the lousy new lifter crapped out as well. Now I have a set of S&S premium lifters on the way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts