Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I finished the install of my new stereo system and holly bat sheet!!

Sony DSX310 head unit, Biketronics BT2180 amp and Polk DB6501 woofers and tweeters. 180w per channel of pure fidelity!
Put the tweeters in the voltage gauge hole and moved the fuel gauge down and put the other tweeter in that spot!

Clean, crisp and loud beautiful sound!!! Put a DB meter to the system at half volume and was averaging 105db...that's rock concert volume!! Very highly recommend the Biketronics new amp!!

80 miles an hour and clean and clear, come on spring!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Top two gauge holes...lost the voltage and air gauge.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it the DSX-S310BTX? It doesnt say that its marine grade, are you putting a cover over it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App
Yep thats the one, got the splash cover over it. Great head unit but a bit complicated for my taste.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
video please and thanks. ;)
By the way Good Job

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
Looks good! Who needs those guages anyway...
Guages are your friend...I like what QHog did for the tweeters, I think I may try his solution, (mount the tweeters in a hole in the original speaker enclosure).

·
Registered
490 Posts
Guages are your friend...I like what QHog did for the tweeters, I think I may try his solution, (mount the tweeters in a hole in the original speaker enclosure).
db, I have some J&M speaker grills w/tweeters that came with my bike, I will be removing them in a few weeks, you're welcome to have them if you want.

Peace

·
Registered
336 Posts
Living in Florida, I dont care to much about that Air Temp guage, But I sure woudn't wanna lose that voltage guage...Thats probably the second most important guage to have-after Fuel guage. At least to me it is. I also mounted my tweeters in the original speaker location-they sound great.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Living in Florida, I dont care to much about that Air Temp guage, But I sure woudn't wanna lose that voltage guage...Thats probably the second most important guage to have-after Fuel guage. At least to me it is. I also mounted my tweeters in the original speaker location-they sound great.
Why do you feel a fuel gauge is necessary when you have a range on your speedo? I personally never look at my fuel gauge since the miles range is more accurate due to the computer monitoring the fuel level and throttle use. If you dont want to lose the voltage gauge, you can swap gauge locations and trash the oil one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
"db, I have some J&M speaker grills w/tweeters that came with my bike, I will be removing them in a few weeks, you're welcome to have them if you want.

Peace "
Thanks for the offer, but that's what I have now, I have a set of Focal speakers and the tweeters from the Focals sound much better than the JMs, that's why I plan to make the change.

"Why do you feel a fuel gauge is necessary when you have a range on your speedo? I personally never look at my fuel gauge since the miles range is more accurate due to the computer monitoring the fuel level and throttle use. If you dont want to lose the voltage gauge, you can swap gauge locations and trash the oil one."

I ride differently in the city than I do on the Hwy, my range varies, last thing I need is that light coming on at the wrong time. :eek:

"Living in Florida, I dont care to much about that Air Temp guage, But I sure woudn't wanna lose that voltage guage...Thats probably the second most important guage to have-after Fuel guage. At least to me it is. I also mounted my tweeters in the original speaker location-they sound great. "

I got rid of the air temp guage long ago, and oil temp guage is a lot more useful.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
So I finished the install of my new stereo system and holly bat sheet!!

Sony DSX310 head unit, Biketronics BT2180 amp and Polk DB6501 woofers and tweeters. 180w per channel of pure fidelity!
Put the tweeters in the voltage gauge hole and moved the fuel gauge down and put the other tweeter in that spot!

Clean, crisp and loud beautiful sound!!! Put a DB meter to the system at half volume and was averaging 105db...that's rock concert volume!! Very highly recommend the Biketronics new amp!!

80 miles an hour and clean and clear, come on spring!!!
Glad ya LOve,love,love ur new system!
Nutn like it, cruisen down the road, w/sum Good Clean Doobie Brothers pumpn out the Tunes. Black Sabbath, Van Halen, The Who, Led Zeppelin, etc.,...etc.,... :):):):)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks great! You still have room for two more speakers in the side walls though :)
I wish there was room for two more speakers! There is some much crap under that front fairing, I don't think I can fit anything else in there! Both sides of the fairing are housing the Polk crossovers and the Sirius satellite modules!

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
I wish there was room for two more speakers! There is some much crap under that front fairing, I don't think I can fit anything else in there! Both sides of the fairing are housing the Polk crossovers and the Sirius satellite modules!
Oooooh that sucks cause two more speakers really kick it! None the less your set up looks great :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts