Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search and did not find an answer, so apologies in advance if this has been answered...
Does anyone have any experience with the difference in comfort between the Air Hawk option vs the Gel option with Danny Gray seats? I've read some excellent things on this forum about Danny Gray and the Air Hawk pad, but have not seen any comments about the gel Danny Gray uses.
Thanks

·
Registered
304 Posts
Did a search and did not find an answer, so apologies in advance if this has been answered...
Does anyone have any experience with the difference in comfort between the Air Hawk option vs the Gel option with Danny Gray seats? I've read some excellent things on this forum about Danny Gray and the Air Hawk pad, but have not seen any comments about the gel Danny Gray uses.
Thanks
I have the DG Air Hawk seat and it is great. I used to have a Corbin that I had gel installed in and there is no comparison.
If you ask Sherry at DG she can tell you the exact difference. They have fantastic customer service!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I got the seat that matches the Yaffe Stretched Tank from Danny Gray w/Gel in it.
So far,....So Good!
Apologize that I cant comment on the Air-Hawk System he offers. I did look into it, but it was gonna b like 6 weeks for the seat to be made. I settled on the gel.
They say the Air-Hawk is better tho!???
Let us know how ya make out.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I can only comment on the Air Hawk R.. I purchased one about 2 months ago when I fell on my butt and bruised my tail bone.. (What a pain in the A$$)
Anyway.. Adjusting the Air Hawk so that there is just a little air in it and placing it forward a bit so that my tail bone hangs off the back edge..
Life is great.. I could not even sit on my bike, much less ride it.. With the Air Hawk, I'm good..
It takes a bit to find the right placement and the amount of air.. For me.. less air is better than pumping it up.. The only negative is that it does spread you legs a bit more because of the width up front and raises you up a bit.
All in all.. I'm keeping it and ride it daily..

·
Registered
654 Posts
I can only comment on the Air Hawk R.. I purchased one about 2 months ago when I fell on my butt and bruised my tail bone.. (What a pain in the A$$)
Anyway.. Adjusting the Air Hawk so that there is just a little air in it and placing it forward a bit so that my tail bone hangs off the back edge..
Life is great.. I could not even sit on my bike, much less ride it.. With the Air Hawk, I'm good..
It takes a bit to find the right placement and the amount of air.. For me.. less air is better than pumping it up.. The only negative is that it does spread you legs a bit more because of the width up front and raises you up a bit.
All in all.. I'm keeping it and ride it daily..
Which seat do u have with the Air Hawk? Is it the Big Seat? If so, did this seat lower u down any compared to the stock seat? Thanks.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Oh I think I just realized yours is a cushion on top of the seat? Not built in the seat?
Correct, the Air Hawk is a cushion.. For what it's worth.. I have a C&C solo that sit you down and back about an inch or so.

·
Registered
62 Posts
That seat is really nice. I'd like to get something like that in black. I have a stock seat reworked by mcc but my butt is still getting sore after a cpl hrs

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ostrich, Bull hide and distressed leather. Embarrassed to say how much it cost but ha e never regretted it as I really had trouble I could ride all day long in before this seat and I am the idiot that chose those materials.
Perlinal has the $$ of the seat in a previous thread. I won't dime him out!!!! :D:D:D

HA HA HA HA!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts