Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I currently have a C&C solo seat. (I also have a 2up Mustang touring seat). It's very stylish and comfortable. However, after about 200 miles, the comfort factor starts to go away. I was going to send the seat back to C&C for a gel insert (Mean City doesn't work on C&C seats). But the cost of a gel insert is $120 + $30 return shipping + the cost of shipping to them. That starts getting pricey...

So I am considering my options for a solo seat. Many on here swear by their Danny Gray butt crack seats. They are very reasonably priced and look good. My question to the Danny Gray owners is: are the comfortable for 200-300 miles, or are they more designed for shorter hops?

My other option is to buy a used Corbin solo (new ones are priced higher then I'd like to spend as the solo is not my primary seat). I already know that Corbin people SWEAR by their seats and not at them. Most reviews are very favorable for long hauls.

The question is, do I buy a new Danny Gray butt crack solo seat, or for about the same price, do I buy a good, used Corbin solo seat?

Your opinions PLEASE!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Danny gray on Amazon.com Good prices and have been trying to make the same decision .
looking at the big seat .
Good luck deciding!!

·
Super Moderator
5,854 Posts
All 4 of our bikes have Corbin seats. We wouldn't run anything but Corbin. We do big miles and never an issue with butt hurt. :D

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Another vote for Corbin on long days in the saddle. I've never had an issue with comfort. In fairness though I have never tried a Danny Gray seat to be able to compare.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
x3 for Corbin

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
i have had 2 danny gray seats. the bigseat solo, and the speed cradle. the speed cradle would make my d*ck fall asleep, so that was a no go. and the bigseat was so uncomfortable that i was begging for a stop after 50 miles.

i don't care for the look of the new style corbin classic solo when compared to the older ones, but my wife loves the comfort factor on her bike. the classic solo is not as sleek and low as they used to be, so i would either have to go with the hollywood solo, or stick with the cvo solo seat. me being as cheap as i am, will stick with the cvo for a bit. its pretty comfortable for a long ride as well.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just put 1k on my new Corbin, I love it.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I run a C&C right now, but I used to run a Corbin Classic Solo, and it was way more comfortable on long hauls. Its weird because the Corbin was certainly harder than my C&C, but damn it was comfortable. :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have had multiple Corbins on multiple bikes but went with the Danny Grey Air hawk seat almost 2 years ago and there is absolutely no comparison when it comes to looks and comfort IMHO. About 250 miles was "the end of the envelope" for me with my Corbins where with my DG I can (and do) go over 400 before I get there. The DG Air Hawk seats do cost more though but if you are a all day guy it will be the best money you will ever spend.
With all that being said, I have no experience with the Butt Crack seat though

·
Registered
319 Posts
i went thru the usual when looking for a solo seat ...tried the c&c, mustang, corbin and lepera until i found the danny gray speed cradle ...luv the way it seats me (5'7" 30" inseam) on the scoot, granted after 400 miles u wanna get off but i bought it for short to intermediate rides (10 to 300 milers) for which it is perfect for me!
i also got the matching pillion pad for the wifey which for up to 300 miles works for her ...

·
Registered
97 Posts
another vote for Corbin

I tried the DG Big Seat and I loved the way you fit inside the seat. But I have been running a Corbin for 8 years and as many times as I have tried something different I always find my way back. Super comfortable especially on long rides.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts